Dom & Gen - warranty replacement advice

bob_regis

Standard Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on a replacement TV through a Domestic & General warranty. My current LGOLED65B6V has been deemed unrepairable (screen burn) and so they are offering me another TV as a replacement.

However, the new option seem to be a budget 65inch OLED whereas the one I purchased 3 years ago was mid-high end.
It has fewer HDMI ports as well as poorer sound output.

Anyone been successful in asking them to offer a different TV?

Or am I being unreasonable and is the LG OLED65A16LA a reasonable TV and OLED TVs have come on massively in the last few years?

Screenshot_111421_100018_AM.jpg
1636884064127.png

What have they said are the reasons for offering the lower spec one? Depreciation of unrepairable set? Perceived similar specs? Is the policy like for like, new for old, etc?

So I have been on the chat with them, they have actually upgraded it to the LG OLED65B16LA however it only comes with a 2 year warranty.

How did you find D&G? I've also got a 65B6 with a warranty from D&G as well, it also has some screen burn on it and I wasn't sure if they'd cover it.

How did you find D&G? I've also got a 65B6 with a warranty from D&G as well, it also has some screen burn on it and I wasn't sure if they'd cover it.
You may want to not mention the screen burn and mention the intermittent horizontal line that your screen is also having.

In my case they took one photo and then I got an email to say pick your new TV. Get to keep the old one too!

You may want to not mention the screen burn and mention the intermittent horizontal line that your screen is also having.

In my case they took one photo and then I got an email to say pick your new TV. Get to keep the old one too!

I do actually have an intermittent horizontal line.

Did they send someone out to take a photo or did you just send them one?

As a follow up to this I’ve just had someone out to look at it, they’re saying it’s got screen burn and needs a replacement panel. But they have to take it in to their workshop and do a report on it for D&G and could be up to 2 weeks.

Can’t be without a TV for 2 weeks over Christmas so I said no.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom