Dolphins and Porpoise around our coast

gibbsy

Solutions
Reaction score
Went for a run in the car on Sunday evening (I saved money in a jar for a gallon of diesel, honest) to the coast at Ogmore-by-Sea in South Wales. Sitting on a rock near some anglers when one of them pointed out to sea and said he thought he saw a porpoise. I had binoculars with me and indeed he had noticed three habour porpoise about 500 metres off shore. They stayed there for more than half an hour a beautiful sight.

What is more remarkable is that just over 30 years ago the only thing you saw in the sea at Ogmore was a shoal of turds. A lot of the rivers that empty into the Bristol Channel were once so pulluted it was impossible for anything to live in them, especially the River Taff, now even the salmon are returning.

Got the bug now and soon I'll be off to New Quay in Cardigan to see the dolphins that swim close the the pier. (Right where's that jar).

Go to Tenerife. I saw sperm whales, pilot whales, dolphins, all sorts off the coast.

Great to see them.
Sometimes see them in between the piers at Tynemouth! Seen them a few times swimming round the end of the pier and back down towards the beach.
Anyone know how big the pod would be if there were about 4-5 breaking the surface at the same time?

If anyone hasn't tried dolphin i can recommend it, very tasty.

sushi anyone:devil:

another old joke when ****** - into the chippy and ask for a whale with a ton of chips!!

i'll get my coat

Try New Quay in Wales

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom