sirteuk

On my new Sony 49" HX 9505 I have my fire cube connected,but in picture setting the only option I have is Dolby Vision bright/ dark and vivid. How can I change to standard settings to include " custom"
Thanks

vu5ter

Thought I add to this thread instead of starting a new one as similarly related.

On my AG9 watching prime movies in the TV app, Jack Ryan Season 1 is in DV (has Dolby Vision options above available). However no dolby vision option available for Bosch Season 1. Yet when I use the Fire TV stick 4k plugged into HDMI, DV option is available. Anyone have the similar issues or have I missed something obvious

Mallett94

In the settings area of the fire tv OS devices, set Resolution to Automatic, HDR to Adaptive, Match content/frame rate to On. This will mean that when content is Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) you will get 'normal' picture modes available on the TV. If a piece of content is HDR10 or HLG HDR then you will get the 'HDR version' of the 'normal' picture modes on the TV. If a piece of content is DV then the device will change to 'DV mode' output and on the TV you will see the DV Picture Mode Options.

Hope this helps.

vu5ter

Thanks for the response, unfortunately its the TV app that does not seem to recognise DV flag (or maybe not geared up for it).

Mallett94

Thanks for the response, unfortunately its the TV app that does not seem to recognise DV flag (or maybe not geared up for it).
What exactly do you mean? On the TV app, if you play Jack Ryan Season 1 on Prime Video it plays in DV right? Bosch Season 1 on Prime Video is 'just' HDR10 right? So I'm not sure what you mean that the TV doesn't recognise the DV flag?

vu5ter

On the firestick both Bosch and Jack Ryan has the DV option when going into TV setting. In the TV app only Jack Ryan has the DV option. Bosch just has the standard picture option so I assume its not playing in DV

Mallett94

On the firestick both Bosch and Jack Ryan has the DV option when going into TV setting. In the TV app only Jack Ryan has the DV option. Bosch just has the standard picture option so I assume its not playing in DV
What settings do you have the firestick set to when doing this? Do you have HDR set to Always?

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom