• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dolby Vision

Count.d

I have a Panasonic UB9000 and an LG oled 55B6v. On some 4k Blu Ray disc boxes, there's the information DOLBYVISION/HDR10, but Dolby Vision doesn't come up on the screen on all discs, it states HDR. For example Darkest Hour.
Is this normal? The Panasonic manual states Dolby Vision will take precedence if available.

two2midnight

Distinguished Member
I have a Panasonic UB9000 and an LG oled 55B6v. On some 4k Blu Ray disc boxes, there's the information DOLBYVISION/HDR10, but Dolby Vision doesn't come up on the screen on all discs, it states HDR. For example Darkest Hour.
Is this normal? The Panasonic manual states Dolby Vision will take precedence if available.
Not sure, but Darkest Hour might be one of the ones where the box info is wrong and it's just HDR10. If not, and you have DV On in the settings the player should output DV unless the disc is not 24p as I think the B6 DV is limited to 30Hz max. So you need 24p turned on in the player as well.

SLS72

It's an error. Darkest Hour isn't in DV on the 4K disc. Universal made the same mistake on the Jurassic Park trilogy boxset.

NM2160

The 4k release of The Darkest Hour is HDR 10 & not Dolby Vision ....

An excerpt from AV Forums review of the disc ...

The disc presents a native 4K 3840 x 2160p resolution image in the widescreen 1.85:1 aspect ratio, and uses 10-bit video depth, a Wide Colour Gamut (WCG), High Dynamic Range, and is encoded using the HEVC (H.265) codec HDR10. We reviewed the Region free UK Ultra HD Blu-ray release of Darkest Hour on a Panasonic 65DX902B Ultra HD 4K TV with a Panasonic DMP-UB400 Ultra HD Blu-ray player

Count.d

Excellent, I thought there maybe a problem and yes, I have Jurassic Park trilogy that states it's Dolby Vision and that didn't work either, so thanks for confirming that too.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom