• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dolby vision

Denzil75

Novice Member
Hi all, first thread so please be gentle
Have recently upgraded my home cinema set up ,my tv and 4k player now support dolby vision .
However although my Yamaha RX-V581 supports 4k passthrough it appears that at this time not to support dolby vision!
So is it possible by using the duel hdmi on my 4k player to run a hdmi to tv and a hdmi to my amp? Therefore allowing me to have dolby vision from tv and dolby atmos etc through amp without any issues ?
As im relatively new to the home cinema world any advise will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

razy60

Prominent Member
Hi all, first thread so please be gentle
Have recently upgraded my home cinema set up ,my tv and 4k player now support dolby vision .
However although my Yamaha RX-V581 supports 4k passthrough it appears that at this time not to support dolby vision!
So is it possible by using the duel hdmi on my 4k player to run a hdmi to tv and a hdmi to my amp? Therefore allowing me to have dolby vision from tv and dolby atmos etc through amp without any issues ?
As im relatively new to the home cinema world any advise will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Hi, depending on the player it should allow you to do what you want. Make sure the player output is video out 4k act. and the audio side is audio only with the output set as uncompressed.

Denzil75

Novice Member
Many thanks for your reply , having just checked my player, one hdmi is indeed for video and the other hdmi is audio only

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190328-093437_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190328-093437_Drive.jpg
    658.5 KB · Views: 59

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom