I've just purchased a HDD so I can watch movies on my LG CX but I've encountered an issue where a DV file is playing in SDR and I'm not sure what the fix is. I would've thought the file would play in HDR if there was an issue with the dolby vision. Does anyone know how I can sort this out?

chenks

Suspended
very few devices support DV profile 7 in an mkv container.

the native media player is probably unlikely to support HDR playback in mkv, more likely in mp4 container.

if you want DV in mkv you’ll need to use plex on a shield (or similar)

Last edited:
I use an Nvidia Shield Pro (2019) with my LG CX and I found through the latest Kodi DV mkv container videos wouldn't play correctly but mp4 ones were fine, I later found that using "Justplayer" app played DV mkv's fine, hope this helps. By the way check out Black Widow in DV if you can lovely picture.

chenks

Suspended

Von Kayzer

the tv player plays dv mp4 movies fine but if you try to play a dv mkv file ill play but with all the colors all messed up, i just tried this with the new fast 9 movie i tried both mp4 and mkv

Von Kayzer

now if you download the full bluray movie for F9 in mkv format ill play fine but ill play on normal hdr instead of dv

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES '22 TV Announcement Round-up, Plus, Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom