Question Dolby Vision content on Samsung TV

martindeveloper

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello,

As Samsung TVs does not support Dolby Vision - I have been wondering how this going to work if TV supports HDR10+ but the content is streamed - for example thru Apple TV 4K - with Dolby Vision.

Will the content be "converted" to HDR10+ and still displayed with HDR? Or the content will just be displayed without any HDR, just plain UHD?

Thank you.

Will play just normal HDR depending on source I believe
Lack of DV is main reason I didn’t buy a Samsung

Well, that's unfortunate :( I really like the Q950TS but movies are important for me and it seems like most movies are using DV, so this leave me to go with Sony Z8H (ZH8) instead of Samsung.

Thank you.

Is there much of a difference though between DV and normal HDR10 on the main Samsung TVs?

many news if Samsung would or could ever offer as a firmware update?

Is there much of a difference though between DV and normal HDR10 on the main Samsung TVs?

many news if Samsung would or could ever offer as a firmware update?
Hi,
I found this video some time ago. You can see how both formats looks like next to eaxh other.

I don't trust videos from any individual as the settings of the tv are often altered just to prove their point..

I’ve not actually seen Dolby vision on a tv yet but looking at hdr10 and hdr10+, they both look good so if we don’t get Dolby vision are we really losing out on much if hdr10 looks great?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom