Dolby Vision brightness fluctuations on a Nano Cell TV

Shasoosh

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm experiencing a problem with Dolby Vision content and brightness fluctuations.
Most of the Dolby Vision content will jump between brightness level which makes it very distracting to the point where the rest of the family complained about it.
1. Happens on HDMI content and in the Netflix built in app
2. Fixing a streamer to show only HDR10 will eliminate the problem (but will introduce others as I don't want all content to be fixed to HDR)
3. Same Dolby Vision content on LG CX plays fine.

A very clear example to reproduce this would be any scene from Netflix's "Baking Impossible".

Any help would be appreciated.

Model: 75NANO90VNA
Version: 04.30.10

Are there any eco modes or brightness sensors enabled in TV settings ?

Check while DV is active just to be sure.

Thanks for the reply.
Nothing of that sort. I've turned off all visual settings but there is no improvement.

I see brightness variations with DV content on my LG TV. They are noticeable, but I think that it’s down to the quality of the sets. Watching HDR10 content the effects are a lot less of a problem, which makes sense. I don’t think that it’s fault, just issues with poor local dimming that would be fixed with better quality devices.

On my tv it's unbearable for all the viewers. I had to disable DV via my SHIELD in order to avoid it.

Might be worth getting the TV checked or replaced then.

I had the same problem with my 75" 8k nano996 with Dv content.
I can solve the problem activate Motion Pro in truMotion Mode,no flicking brigth nothing ,please try this and comment.

Thanks but there's not way I'm using Motion Pro. It is giving me a headache and the image is a lot darker.

MotionPro is a mess. If I have it enabled the lip sync problems get far worse. Utter dogs' dinner.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom