Question Dolby Vision and Atmos

psreddy1234

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi Team,

Probably a beginners question . Can someone help me with the best possible way to get Dolby Vision and Atmos ?

Is LG C7 OLED only way to get get both Dolby Vision and Atmos . I am planning for my living room.

Is there way I could buy other 4K TV with Dolby Vision and still get Atmos with Receiver/some Streaming player /App?

I read some reviews of Apple TV and Fire TV and my understanding so far is that the only way right now to get both (Vision & Atmos) is to use 2017 OLED TV and use inbuilt streaming app. (The simple and straight forward solution)

Any other options or suggestions? I would love to buy a 70 or 75inch TV but LG 65 inch OLED is the only one in my price range (for Vision and Atmos )

One more question . LG B7 supports Atmos? or its not Supported? Some forums suggest that a Firmware update enabled Atmos on LG B7

'Can someone help me with the best possible way to get Dolby Vision and Atmos ?' - create a dedicated room optimised for movie playback.

Content - what are you going to be viewing which includes Atmos and DV encoded content and how do you plan to access that content (Disc, Streaming etc).

Room - a floor plan with seating layout would be handy plus an indiction of any restrictions (doors, windows, radiators, furniture) you have to work around.

Budget - what is the overall budget and what does that have to cover?

Joe

'Can someone help me with the best possible way to get Dolby Vision and Atmos ?' - create a dedicated room optimised for movie playback.

Content - what are you going to be viewing which includes Atmos and DV encoded content and how do you plan to access that content (Disc, Streaming etc).

Room - a floor plan with seating layout would be handy plus an indiction of any restrictions (doors, windows, radiators, furniture) you have to work around.

Budget - what is the overall budget and what does that have to cover?

Joe
Thanks Joe for replying .

1) My plan is have TV in living room , potentially with Atmos and Vision
2) Basement will have a home theater
3) Major viewing would be through Streaming services - TV Shows and Movies (VUDU in US has good content with Atmos and Vision) - For living room
4) Living room - "Good" Sound works . Maybe an Atmos Sound Bar is enough? If i could spend a $1K -1.5K in living room and get Atmos I can spend it. (16 Feet (TV wall) width and Seating at 18Feet)
5) For Home theater - I hope to spend ~3K for AV (or more) but it will be over a period of time.

So immediate priority is living room.

Joe ,

I also read lot of your comments about pre wiring a new home . Your recommendation is for 4K over LAN? I think we will have 2 TVs and 1 HT. Few streaming devices . Should i go with Cat 6?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom