Dolby TrueHD

Status
Not open for further replies.

osmosis2k

Standard Member
Hi, Im new to all of this so please help me out!
I've read that:
HD lossless audio formats Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio are available through HDMI 1.3.

To do this, consumers should ensure that their playback device (such as HD-DVD or Blu-ray player) is capable of decoding these new lossless Dolby & DTS audio formats into the PCM format on the HDMI output, and that the audio device (such as an A/V receiver) is capable of receiving multi-channel PCM audio over the HDMI inputs.

I'm a bit lost as to what it means by PCM format and what is the HDMI output in the above scenario.
Do if anyone can provide an example i would appreciate it.

Secondly Ive heard that the new xbox 360 hd dvd add ons have a software update that allow for Dolby DTS.....just wondering if this actually ture? And if so would i need to connect this AV reciever capable of decoding this information?

DMT

This post has nothing to do with speakers. Try posting in a different forum.

crobo

This has been discussed at length in the HD DVD player forums - try searching there and if you're still confused I'm sure someone will respond. It's a hot topic.

R

recruit

Agreed this has notheing to do with speakers so am closeing, please use the relevant forum to this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom