Question Dolby TrueHD has no sound from Samsung Blu-ray player

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Serkanokar, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Serkanokar

Serkanokar
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just noticed an issue or something has changed with my Samsung 4K Blu-ray player (UBD-KM85C). I am playing Batman Trilogy and selected Dolby TrueHD from the disc audio settings and I am not getting any sound. I have another 4K player (Sony UBP-X800) and I don't have the same issue. Both players are connected to Yamaha receiver RX-V683 (which is a very good receiver) through HDMI (HDMI 1, HDMI 2). Since I am not having the issue with Sony player, I think the issue is stemming from the Samsung player. So I went to the Samsung player settings, Sound, Digital Output and there are 3 options there 1) Bitstream (Unprocessed), 2) Re-encoded to DTS, 3) Re-encoded to Dolby. When I selected re-encoded to DTS and then went back to movie audio setting and selected Dolby TrueHD, I was able to get the sound but I am not sure what's that supposed to mean. Is that really, Dolby TrueHD audio or something else? Why am I not getting the Dolby TrueHD audio when Digital Outpt setting is Bitstream (Unprocessed). Is that normal or does that mean there is an issue with my Samsung player audio signal processing? Any information would be greatly appreciated. PS- I want to say I didn't have that issue before and Samsung player was playing Dolby TrueHD audio but I am not 100% certain.