Dolby Pro Logic

mobily

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have DPLII and my dad has DPLI. I have just finished watching starship troopers on channel 5 on his system and it just sounded like 5.1. I thought that DPL was only 4.0? Or is it a case that with DPL the soundfield is 4.0 unless the source is transmitted in 5.1 sound?

If I received a signal of 5.1 would my system on DPLII still produce a 5.1 sound effect?

Thanks,

James :)

Dolby Prologic can be 3 (a tv with centre, and 2 stereo speakers), 3.1 (a tv with centre, stereo speakers and subwoofer), 4 (typical prologic hifi with rear channel split between two rear speakers)and 4.1 (dolby digital home cinema system with prologic support)as these are common configurations for prologic output. Dolby Prologic 2 will create 2 seperate rear channels from original prologic material with only one mono rear channel. Prologic 2 systems normally have more dsp modes and options. Prologic 2 also normally has a full prologic mode so you can hear the difference between prologic 2 and original prologic. Prologic II can also create matrixed 5.1 sound from other non dolby surround and prologic sources including even mono sound. Prologic was more limited in this regard.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom