Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Dolby Pro Logic

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by mobily, Feb 29, 2004.

1. mobily

mobily

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hello all,

I have DPLII and my dad has DPLI. I have just finished watching starship troopers on channel 5 on his system and it just sounded like 5.1. I thought that DPL was only 4.0? Or is it a case that with DPL the soundfield is 4.0 unless the source is transmitted in 5.1 sound?

If I received a signal of 5.1 would my system on DPLII still produce a 5.1 sound effect?

Thanks,

James :)

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    Dolby Prologic can be 3 (a tv with centre, and 2 stereo speakers), 3.1 (a tv with centre, stereo speakers and subwoofer), 4 (typical prologic hifi with rear channel split between two rear speakers)and 4.1 (dolby digital home cinema system with prologic support)as these are common configurations for prologic output. Dolby Prologic 2 will create 2 seperate rear channels from original prologic material with only one mono rear channel. Prologic 2 systems normally have more dsp modes and options. Prologic 2 also normally has a full prologic mode so you can hear the difference between prologic 2 and original prologic. Prologic II can also create matrixed 5.1 sound from other non dolby surround and prologic sources including even mono sound. Prologic was more limited in this regard.