1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolby Pro Logic II Addon

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by GarethRamsay, May 12, 2002.

1. GarethRamsay

GarethRamsay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is there such a thing as a DPLII addon?

I've hear a lot about DPLII and as I watch a lot of movies and TV on Sky I wouldn't ming upgrading. Problem is I don't want to splash out on a new Amp, but as I've got 6.1 inputs I thought if there was a standalone addon I could consider that.

Does anyone know of any reasonably priced processors that I could add to my ever-growing stack of electronics?

Gareth

2. Pzycho

Pzycho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Haven't seen any DPLII processors, but why dont you sell your current amp on ebay or qxl - then get a new cheap-ish yamaha or sony amp with DPLII built in? Would probably end up costing you less than a processor by itself.

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I think a stand-alone unit wouldn't be profitable and don't know of any. Even the most basic amps from Denon and the like offer DPLII, so there is hardly any market for that (me thinks).

As Pzycho recommends a replacement would probably the best option.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I too would like a PL11 processor, I only bought my amp in january and as it is a new Model and I wiated from July 01 to get it I am miffed it doesn't have PL11 I cant sell it unless I got what I paid for it. Could the Pro Loghic decoder chip just be replaced with aPL11 one? Where can I get a Technics service manual? The AMP is the SADX950.