1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolby Digital Transmission problems? AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by ianyek12, Oct 5, 2003.

1. ianyek12

ianyek12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, they did it again didn't they?

I'm sure it's not my box, but let me know if i'm wrong folks

last night's premier of Black Hawk Down was not transmitted in Dolby Digital, in fact it was not only in prologic but they transmitted the signal without the dialogue channel -- great effects but not much story line!! I switched to my tv signal through the scart but it was the same.

i've seen threads about this sort of thing before and the last time thay screwed up was "From Hell" in which the sound kept on dropping out.

I rang big brother ..sorry Sky this morning and the "technical helpdesk" said they knew nothing about it - so why was there a 20 minute queue at 9.15 last evening on the phone line.

Sky if it's my box i'm sorry but if it is you guys why dont you ever say the "s" word - you know "sorry"?

What would be great is if a mole on the sky helpdesk could start posting the real deal on here. "The truth is out there" sky, lets here it from the agents in the call centre.

Oh just one other thing, i've had a lot of programs i've recorded cutting off early just recently- did everyone get blown to S**t in Monach of the Glen?!!

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    They appear to have cocked uo...BHD seems to have been transmitted minus the audio track...it's not your box.

3. alistair

alistair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I had this problem a couple of months ago and oticed it was back on Friday night. Got no answers yet but you're not alone!

4. pierre

pierre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was quite enjoying the soundtrack without dialogue - they didn't look as if they were saying anything very profound.

For those who did not persevere the sound went off altogether for about 30 seconds after about 30 minutes and then came back withn all channels - they probably rebooted the DD gizmo when the complaints started rollin in.