1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DOLBY DIGITAL TRAILER

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by MrFurious, Oct 22, 2000.

1. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,493
    For anyone who is interested,on the dvd of GHOST DOG way of the samurai in the extra features section there is a dolby digital trailer,its the inca one,every dvd should carry one of these trailers,agree???

------------------
    http://iamadvdaddict.homestead.com/dvdlist.html

2. Rachael Bitchlist

Rachael Bitchlist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Have you seen the helicopter one? Or, the one with the locamotive? I've seen all three, I'm partial to the helicopter that zooms to a theatre. Was is Aztec or Egyptian? I took it as Egypitan. Best wishes!

------------------

Rachael, the big disc cat!

3. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Yeah as I said in the THX thread I'm a big fan of these demo things and I think they should be included on most DVDs. I actually bought the Dolby DVD which has all 7 of the Digital trailers on it. Very nice.

------------------
    Tee

http://www.electronicreality.co.uk

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I am a big fan of those trailers, although I have heard that it costs alot to make them (Don't ask me where, I just recall hearing it somewhere). Anyway, I've got Train, Rain, Broadway, Egypt, Canyon and Aurora of DD trailers and THX Cimarron, T2:UE, THX Tex, Grand and v.funny Simpsons one. I've also got the DTS piano and disc trailers although the disc one seems a bit muted from what I remember (Apart from MiB DTS). They are so good to demo to people, PLEASE MAKE MORE!!!!!

5. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50

What are all those ones then??? And where did you get them from?? I need to know.

------------------
    Tee

http://www.electronicreality.co.uk

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    THX - Cimarron - It's pretty good, definitely different.

THX - Tex - Can be found on the Toy Story 1 DVD, v. funny.

THX - T2 - Can be found on T2:UE DVD. A perfect demo piece, specially made for the DVD.

THX - Simpsons - A great trailer featuring a scene from the Simpsons, where they are at a cinema, the THX logo comes up and the familar sound starts up, once it gets to it's full, things start to break and smash, people are being pushed into the backs of their chairs. The end sees Grandpa Simpson shouting "Turn it up"

THX - Grand - This trailer was only seen on 70mm and DTS (This trailer is in DD 5.1 though). A good trailer, has to be seen and heard though.

Others which I don't have but would like to are:

THX - Moo Can (I have Toy Story 2 disc so I haven't got this one)

I found these trailers dotted around the net. Just go to somewhere like google.com and search for "THX VOB trailers" should have a few to look at.

[This message has been edited by DTSFan2000 (edited 27-10-2000).]