Dolby Digital sound from Sky

AFC69

Standard Member
Reaction score
Apart from Sky movie films transmitted in this format (which I don't have) are there any type of programmes, like Lost or 24, eg, that are transmitted in DD? I have a Denon amp which I haven't had a chance to test yet with TV programmes, because as I say I don't subscribe to any movies channels.

You need SKY+ or SKYHD to get DD on Movies and sometimes Disney. I think some of the HD channels are in DD , but I'm not sure . Otherwise its down to PrologicII / DTS:NEO or any other suedo surround your amp will decode

John

johnscarlet said:
You need SKY+ or SKYHD to get DD. Otherwise its down to PrologicII / DTS:NEO or any other suedo surround your amp will decode

John

I think you are right about the first point but, call me an anachronistic old fart, but I think stereo is best in the absence of proper DD5.1 or DTS.

Chris

ChrisOH said:
I think you are right about the first point but, call me an anachronistic old fart, but I think stereo is best in the absence of proper DD5.1 or DTS.

Chris

Your an anachronistic old fart , I always use PLII . Some programming make superb use of it . :D

John

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom