1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolby Digital Rain Trailer

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by ChrisHacking, Feb 10, 2003.

1. ChrisHacking

ChrisHacking

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know of a region 2 disc that features the Dolby 'Rain' demo other than Terminator 2 Ultimate Edition?

2. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you mean the THX rain trailer? If so, I think you'll find it on Star Wars Ep II.....maybe wrong here as I have the R1 version of both of these. The R1 T2 has a pretty special THX trailer.....

3. ChrisHacking

ChrisHacking

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No its definitely a Dolby one, I think it is specially designed for EX encoding

4. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't recall ever seeing that...the only one I've seen is the THX one that starts of with the rain, then a glass ball explodes....and THAT is definetly developed for EX as well.

If it is a Dolby trailer, it will be on here which can be purchased from here

5. ChrisHacking

ChrisHacking

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check out Terminator 2 R2, it is there and it is very cool, problem is I have that disc on R1 which has a different Dolby promo, the one with the northern lights, I want a copy of the Rain one but I am not prepared to buy T2 just for it. I thought there may be another disc out there that I haven't got that could fit the bill.

6. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have edited my post mate - could be just what you are looking for....;) :smashin:

7. roxette

roxette

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, ChrisHacing, Army Bloke is right: it's definitely on the Star Wars, Episode II too, I have this DVD on R2. The only two DVD's I know with this trailer in region 2, so T2 (Ult.Ed.) en SW Ep. II. I both have these DVD's.

Roxette.

8. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,159
    Hi,

Dont you think the water dropplet DD trailer in the cinemas is really boring sonically and visually its bad. I saw a new one yesterday, can remember what it was!, but the sounds used are usually uninspiring.

rai

9. j4sonk

j4sonk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think you will find it on sound and vision home theater tune up by ovation

10. michaelm

michaelm
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Widescreen magazine (which has suddenly disappeared from shelves) had an almost full collection of PAL dd trailers on it's first edition. These played randomly each time you played the disc. I dunno about copyright etc now that the mag has folded, but I'm willing to do you a copy of the disc if you want.

PM me if you do.

11. DanAshmoreUK

DanAshmoreUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :) Hey guys i have just registered today on these forums and noticed this thread and just had to reply. ok first of all i live in the uk and i only buy region 2 discs at the moment. I have star wars ep 1 and 2 and T2 ultimate edition r2's and first of all Star wars ep1&2 DO NOT HAVE DOLBY TRAILERS JUST THE THX TRAILER (The one where it rains and theres a glass ball of clouds and thunder that explodes).
    On the other hand T2 has DTS ES and Dolbly EX obviously if you use DTS then your gonna get the DTS yamaha piano trailer but when Dolby is selected you get the rain trailer with the ding ding ding ding at the end where it pans from the left to the right:D (i quite like this trailer) then after that finishes you also get the T2 THX trailer with is brilliant....
    k now for those of u who buy the trailers from the website i thinks thats pretty lame!
    try visiting
    http://www.cinenow.com/us/vobtrailer.php3
    here you can get all the Dolby,DTS and THX trailers for free in DVD's .vob format, im not sure if its illegal but like i care!!!
    oh yeah and there are many hidden thx and dts trailers on the website to get these u will notice that the URL for the star wars THX trailer is http://www.cinenow.com/us/vobtrailer.php3?id=1780 and the last digits were 1780 try going up 1 each time e.g. T2 THX trailer is 1786 so thats http://www.cinenow.com/us/vobtrailer.php3?id=1786 good look ppl
    and one last thing to play .vob files just try using dvd software such as Cyberlinks powerDVD xp 4.0 thats what i use and i highly recommend it
    feel free to e-mail me if you have problems
    danashmore@aol.com
    ---Ashmore---

12. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "The Ultimate DVD Platinum" has the DD Rain trailer on Disk 1.

13. DanAshmoreUK

DanAshmoreUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    why buy when you can download?
    If you have a DVD writer thats a bonus!:D
    by the way you can still view them on your PC without the use of burning it on to a disc, you can simply open from your hard drive by using DVD software such as Cyberlinks PowerDVD Xp 4.0 if you are interested send us an email
    ---Ashmore---

14. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,402
    Because it's illegal. Good job you're only linking to trailers although piracy is piracy.
    I would have thought the website carrying the trailers would get closed down eventually and until it does, I'll let the links stand.

15. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Let me get this straight, websites actually sell individual DD/DTS/THX trailers and people actually buy them, that's sad on a whole new level :rolleyes:

16. DanAshmoreUK

DanAshmoreUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yup true