Dolby Digital Plus or DTS for HD DVD?

garyscottmagic

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I received Sleepy Hollow on HD DVD and it's giving me the option of either Dolby Digital Plus or DTS.
My sound system is a Digitheatre DTS.

What do I choose in the options because no matter what option I choose, my Digitheatre automatically puts itself on DTS.

Is it playing the DTS track or the DD+ track?
Is it downgrading the DD+ to DTS?

Thanks for all the help.

Best wishes
Garyscottmagic

some players will reencode for a DTS output. The player will player whatever track you select. DD+ will be reencoded to DTS, and DTS will output just as DTS.

Hi Guys,

I received Sleepy Hollow on HD DVD and it's giving me the option of either Dolby Digital Plus or DTS.
My sound system is a Digitheatre DTS.

What do I choose in the options because no matter what option I choose, my Digitheatre automatically puts itself on DTS.

Is it playing the DTS track or the DD+ track?
Is it downgrading the DD+ to DTS?

Thanks for all the help.

Best wishes
Garyscottmagic

Hi garyscottmagic. :)
Can you sound system accept DD+ (otherwise it will be DTS) what model player do you have mate?
All the best.

I have the HD DVD drive fior the x box 360.:thumbsup:

Does re-encoded DD+ to DTS sound better than regular DTS?

Best wishes
Garyscottmagic

I was just wondering how to connect the HD DVD drive for the x box 360 to a newer sound system that can play all the newer sound formats.
I have an elite 360 that does have a HDMI connection but the socket is covered by the connection for the optical/component lead. Any ideas?

Thanks guys

Best wishes
Garyscottmagic

Does the xbox do all the newer audio formats now for export down a HDMI?

Does the xbox do all the newer audio formats now for export down a HDMI?

Just about to ask that myself mate :) from my understanding (unless there's been an update) the 360 cannot send PCM over HDMI.

I was just wondering how to connect the HD DVD drive for the x box 360 to a newer sound system that can play all the newer sound formats.
I have an elite 360 that does have a HDMI connection but the socket is covered by the connection for the optical/component lead. Any ideas?

Thanks guys

Best wishes
Garyscottmagic

the best you will get from the 360 hddvd add on is rencoded dts at 1.5mb even if you are using hdmi. To get the dts 1.5 mb go to the audio settings menu on the 360, you can only bring this menu up whne playing a movie, i think you press start on the controller to bring it up, select the audio option and select dts. The 360 will then decode the hd audio be it dd+ or true hd and send it out as dts 1.5mb to your amp, if you dolnt change it it will just send the hd audio as standard dolby digital.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom