Dolby Digital output on all Sky Box's?

Toyotasupra

Established Member
Reaction score
As I just mentioned in another thread I'm thinking of getting Sky soon (not Sky+) can anyone tell me if all the box's have a digital connection to connect to my amplifier for Dolby digital or should I be requesting a specific box?

Thanks all :clap:

Afraid you can only get dolby digital 5.1 on sky+. No standard boxes have optical out.

There was only one box made with a digital audio connection, and that was the Sony, but it never outputted Dolby digital, only PCM stereo. If you want DD, you need Sky+.

Thanks for the replies, shame about the answer though! I guess its another way for Sky to get more people to sign up to Sky+. I'll consider it again but its the £10 a month extra that puts me off.

Cheers

Well the only channels that feature DD 5.1 are the Movie Channels 1, 2 & 3, and The Disney Channel, and if you subscribe to those, you won't have to pay the extra £10 a month.

That's interesting for some reason I thought they would all be in DD 5.1 and I'm only looking at getting the family pack! I take it all the boxes have standard left/right audio out connections?

Yep, twin RCA phonos which are just fine for normal stereo broadcasts and when a program contains embedded Dolby Surround info.

DD5.1 never took off except for SKY movies thanks in part to the licensing issues, the broadcast costs and no doubt the lack of widespread suitable hardware:(

Still should be pretty much standard across the upcoming High Def channels:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom