Dolby Digital Authoring

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mentsugi, Oct 25, 2004.

1. mentsugi

mentsugi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Took the plunge and bought Ulead Movie Factory 3 as it was reasonable price and had good reviews. Apart from the mind numbingly long time it takes to burn a DVD (including encoding etc.) I have found another problem. It does not decode any Dolby Digital soundtrack . So any movies I record from Sky for personal use and want to jazz up and then store to DVD-R come out without the sound!!
    I then noticed on the Ulead website that to get the Dolby Digtal decoder/encoder costs mucho bucks more!

My questions is is there a way round this with the equipment and software I have:-

Sky digibox to Panny E30 to PC with Sony DVD-RW drive

Are there any settings I can change that can output either the source or e30 recording another stereo sound format ? (LPCM is out as the recording is more than 1 hour long).

I have tried third party software that converts VRO to MPEG but these take forever to convert (the length of the movie in fact)!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. :lease:

2. burcac

burcac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought an Panasonic E55. I also wish my machine could record MPEG audio but its stuck on 256kbps dolby digital. Its a nuisance!

Do any machines have the option to record MPEG audio?

3. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Something wrong there, it should take only a few minutes and not in real time.

I've used TMPG DVD Author and ULead DVD Worskshop 2.0 to import vro (RAM disks from my Pan E100) with no probs, does it in mins, sometimes secs!

Not sure if the TMPG AC3 add on preserves all 6 channels.
    DVD Worshop 2 will, as long as you don't tick the 'convert to template' option.

DVD Lab is also worth a look as I'm sure this has full 5.1 support and DTS too.

4. mentsugi

mentsugi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Thanks, I will try the ideas you have given me.