Dolby Digital and PS2 Wipeout

ironduke, you seem confused? why is that? read your posts what have you said that is constructive?

Gary

Originally posted by Garyd
ironduke, you seem confused? why is that? read your posts what have you said that is constructive?

Gary

I was simply echo the crap that goes around dissing all 3 consoles, thats why I said BLahh, blahh, blahh

Get of your high horse Jerky!

personal insults, the mark of a true professional.

gary

personal insults, the mark of a true professional.

gary

I never looked for a piece of you.

You came for a piece of me.

"Jerky" and you dont even know me? nuff said i think.

"Jerky" and you dont even know me? nuff said i think.

yep nuff said by both of us.

You hold your tongue, and I shall hold my patience.

fair enough.

what have i said that has upset you so much? its not my intention to upset people? just a frank exchange of views.

Gary

As a :clown: gamer for 20 years..with almost every system imaginable (anorak)...I can safely say that the Xbox is the most unplayable system ever...simply because it plays like the PC it is
How can you say that like its an insult? there are many types of game that are only playable on a PC a few examples of such titles would have to include the Command and Conquer series, any of the SIMS and (excluding the XBox soon) games such as HalfLife(multiplayer) & Unreal Tournement which should be played real time against REAL people whilst I accept that you could play against bots or AI we know that theres no challenge in that once you get past the age of 6.

You can't judge the quality of PC titles on an old 486 that you picked up in a skip! I'll admit that some people aren't willing to spend the money to make gaming on a PC a quality experience but if your not dont comment on something you have no experience of. As for being a fan of the PS2 get over it its old, loud and very over rated. That was always the trouble with console owners though Brand Loyalty get over it, spend money and enjoy your gaming experience the PS2 is winding down and new systems are replacing it if everyone thought the way that you do we'd all be sat at home playing Mario on the SNES.

As for having 20 years gaming experience.....................well if gaming for 20 years reduces your ability to have a debate to that of a schoolboy in a playground perhaps we should all burn our systems now.

Originally posted by MoronFish
As a :clown: gamer for 20 years..with almost every system imaginable (anorak)...I can safely say that the Xbox is the most unplayable system ever...simply because it plays like the PC it is
How can you say that like its an insult? there are many types of game that are only playable on a PC a few examples of such titles would have to include the Command and Conquer series, any of the SIMS and (excluding the XBox soon) games such as HalfLife(multiplayer) & Unreal Tournement which should be played real time against REAL people whilst I accept that you could play against bots or AI we know that theres no challenge in that once you get past the age of 6.

You can't judge the quality of PC titles on an old 486 that you picked up in a skip! I'll admit that some people aren't willing to spend the money to make gaming on a PC a quality experience but if your not dont comment on something you have no experience of. As for being a fan of the PS2 get over it its old, loud and very over rated. That was always the trouble with console owners though Brand Loyalty get over it, spend money and enjoy your gaming experience the PS2 is winding down and new systems are replacing it if everyone thought the way that you do we'd all be sat at home playing Mario on the SNES.

As for having 20 years gaming experience.....................well if gaming for 20 years reduces your ability to have a debate to that of a schoolboy in a playground perhaps we should all burn our systems now.

lol have you seen burnout2's gfx?
The PS2 is not winding down, lol when it is seperceeded by the PS3, itmight still be selling more units then the xbox.

Listen guys...I HAVE a PC...They do NOT have the same playability as a console.
I HAVE an Xbox...it doesn't have the playability of any othe current consoles.
I HAVE played Halo...and it looks nice..sounds nice, and plays OK..not exactly the seminal classic people who only have an XBox try to make it out to be.
I HAVE a ps2...It is Good
I HAVE a Gamecube..it is also good (great playability)
I HAVE a Dreamcast...(you can't argue with that at £30!)
The XBox IS far louder than the PS2...far louder.

lol have you seen burnout2's gfx?
Yes very nice but not exactly rallisport is it now.

The XBox IS far louder than the PS2...far louder.
Playing dvd based games they are about the same plus a bit of HD ticking on the Xbox. Play a CD-ROM based game in the PS2 and you'd be looking at least double the spl.

Originally posted by Dom H
Yes very nice but not exactly rallisport is it now.

Visually it maybe a few points down on the xbox's best gfx but gameplay wise GT3, VRally 3, Burnout 2 are more then a match for rallisport.

hope that helps

Try a handbuilt 2.6 ghz with Geforce4 + newest drivers
I think you'll find that is the "right" PC

Double checked the PS2 and the X-Box playing the same DVD...Xbox still 5db louder at 1m.

Which bit of 5db louder do you not understand ;)

Hope this helps too!

Which bit of 5db louder do you not understand
and now put a cd-rom game in the ps2, hang on a sec i'll fetch you some ear plugs.

Plus the fact the xbox hardly touches the disc during gameplay, GTA3 which constantly uses the drive is the noisiest game I have ever played, to the point where it spoils the game with constant disc access.

You may have seen a higher peak on the xbox but i gurantee the total noise level is much lower

thanks Dom H, i thought i was fighting a battle on my own. my PS2 is much louder than my xbox and my gamecube.

Gary

Originally posted by stewarth
I play games on my PS2 not listen to its fan.

excellent response.

mind you with only a few decent games on the xbox listening to the fan may be more entertaining:D

Great arguments... PS2 makes less noise bla bla bla... box has better specs blablabla...

The worst argument I hear is that PS2 is bought by people who want to belong... that's a great way of explaining why it has a greater market share than all other consoles combined, and it still outselling them. Does is never occur to you that MAYBE it sells better because it has better games? Sure, it's been out longer, but if I look at the release schedules, that box will be heading the way Sega headed. Nintendo will always be around no doubt, they have their own niche, but M$... apart from Halo2 there are very few games that warrant a purchase. And tech specs aren't going to change that.

When I walk into a gameshop, I look at the games I can play with a console, and I base judgement on that. When my friend or anyone else for that matter decides to buy a PS2, it's because he wants to play PES, FFX or GT3 and NOT because it has a Sony label on it.

Some sales figures:

UK, second and first week of october:

Playstation 2 - 21,225 - 22,235
Gameboy Advance - 8,540 - 8,145
GameCube - 6,104 - 5,860
Xbox - 6,083 - 5,591

Japan, first week of october:
1. PlayStation 2 - 39.000 - 2.851.800
2. Game Boy Advance - 34.800 - 1.913.400
3. GameCube - 11.900 - 815.200
4. PSone - 2.900 - 189.700
5. Wonder Swan Crystal - 2.200 - 91.900
6. Xbox - 2.000 - 256.400
7. Game Boy Color - 1.000 - 74.700
8. Wonder Swan Color - 620 - 110.900
9. Wonder Swan - 120 - 7.400
10. Game Boy - 95 - 4.900

(Wow, even the Wonder Swan sells better than the box :) )

Does is never occur to you that MAYBE it sells better because it has better games?
Some yes, most are sheep.

but if I look at the release schedules, that box will be heading the way Sega headed
Unreal Championship
Splinter Cell
Doom 3
Brute Force
Halo 2
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Sega GT 2k2
Colin McRae 3
Timesplitters 2
Fable (project ego)
Project Gotham 2
Toejam & Earl 3
Daytona 3
Mech Assault
Morrowind
Metal Gear Solid 2 : Substance
V Rally 3
Tao Feng
Ninja Gaiden
DOA4

oh yeah and

Xbox Live

Anyway did you have a PS2 at launch? 2 words...appauling lineup, at least xbox had Halo.

Bottom line is Xbox is technically superior to the PS2 in every way, it will have a better online service and when the above are released ps2 won't have anything on it...ooh except GTA3.

Yawn....

lol reading this thread is pretty entertaining...

Ironduke try using [sarcasm ON] and [sarcasm off] when making points otherwise some people think you are insulting them.

Learn to agree to disagree.

PC is a good system, but it is a sit in your bedroom on your own affair, and has to have an internet connection. I currently have just moved house, I haven't played any PC games due to no net. Combination of DC, Megadrive and GC though has been great though.

Unreal Championship
Splinter Cell
Doom 3
Brute Force
Halo 2
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Sega GT 2k2
Colin McRae 3
Timesplitters 2
Fable (project ego)
Project Gotham 2
Toejam & Earl 3
Daytona 3
Mech Assault
Morrowind
Metal Gear Solid 2 : Substance
V Rally 3
Tao Feng
Ninja Gaiden
DOA4

Most of those games are already, or will be available sooner or at the same time on PS2 as well. So no need to buy a box for that.

As for the sheep, fine, feel that way. Fact is, you're part of the ever shrinking minority interested in Bill's failed attempt to conquer the console world. If the box wants to start selling, it better start doing it NOW, because nobody will want one anymore in a couple of months, sheep or no sheep.

Anyway did you have a PS2 at launch? 2 words...appauling lineup, at least xbox had Halo.

You're right, PS2 launch titles were pretty dismal, in fact, worse than the box launch titles. I got the thing about half a year later, when things started to get going. It's been about half a year since the xbox has been around (in Europe, been available much longer than that in the US), and Halo is STILL the only game worth getting the box for.

Bottom line is Xbox is technically superior to the PS2 in every way, it will have a better online service and when the above are released ps2 won't have anything on it...ooh except GTA3.

If it's so superior, why don't xbox games look so much better? They don't. I have yet to see anything as smooth and clear as GT3 on the box. Besides, I don't care for graphics alone, gameplay is what this industry is all about, as the sales figures clearly show.

If you haven't already got it GET SSX TRICKY, ITS COMPLETELY IN DTS, YES THE CUT FMV AND IN GAME, sorry for that outburst I just get very excited about DTS. There is some really cool extras on the disk as well. You should get it.:D

Originally posted by Dom H
it will have a better online service and when the above are released ps2 won't have anything on it...ooh except GTA3.

sony will have much to match, stop talkin like a funboy, thats a funboy.

Most of those games are already, or will be available sooner or at the same time on PS2 as well.
Are you sure about that? I counted at least a dozen that won't see light on the PS2.
it better start doing it NOW, because nobody will want one anymore in a couple of months, sheep or no sheep.
Xbox is currently outselling the Gamecube in America not bad I say. Plus the new pack released shortly, Xbox + Jet Set Radio Future + SegaGT2002 all for £160 will help sales no end.

You're right, PS2 launch titles were pretty dismal, in fact, worse than the box launch titles. I got the thing about half a year later, when things started to get going. It's been about half a year since the xbox has been around (in Europe, been available much longer than that in the US), and Halo is STILL the only game worth getting the box for.
I had my PS2 for about a year and had 3 games, DOA2/GT3/Crazy Taxi.

If it's so superior, why don't xbox games look so much better?
Trust me, play an Xbox for 6 months and everything on the PS2 looks icky.

I have yet to see anything as smooth and clear as GT3 on the box
Rallisport/Project Gotham/MotoGP/Wreckless knock GT3 into a cocked hat in terms of smoothness and texture quality etc.

gameplay is what this industry is all about, as the sales figures clearly show.
Ah I see Xbox has no gameplay <smacks forehead> Doh! I knew there was something missing.

Sure the PS2 has better games for now (GT3 is one of my all time faves) Everybody knows this when they buy into a console early on. When the above games are released give me one thing the PS2 will have up on the Xbox? Hell it's even cheaper!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom