1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolby Digital and DTS Encoded Music Files

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Branxx, Jan 1, 2003.

1. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    For those interested Swedish Radio has a page with demo files of their new programmes using multi-channel technology*.

File can also be used to test the surround setup and the quality of Windows drivers. They work only for sound cards that bypass kmixer.

Files ca also be burned into an audio CD and then played the usual way.

I have downloaded the Stravinsky's Firebird in DTS (1.5mps stream) and was extremely pleasantly surprised with the quality and the surround effect.

This looks to me the right way to go for multi-channel programming. Much better than SACD or DVD-A routes.

* Moderator please note that the copyright owner allows free distribution of these files.

2. Steiner83

Steiner83

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I personally thinks that this is the way for pirat-distribution of multiple channel music. DVD-A and SACD have way too large bandwidth, sounds excellent but nothing six-pack-joe with his 100£-5,1-Speaker Setup will care abt. He wants cool effects to a low price and DD and DTS is the way to go for him.

I love the format as well, but have hard times to find actually mastered albums in the CD-stores (well most of them here in Sweden dont even know what DTS is´:eek:).

3. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    There are a lot of DTS encoded CD's (well probably as many as SACD or DVD-A). check http://dtsshoppingmall.com .

High resolution multi-channel music without any hustle of having to by special hardware with six anoluge out and no bass management, as would be the case with either SACD or DVD-A.