Dolby Atmos, Vision for Prime’s Jack Ryan

D

Deleted member 765458

Dolby Laboratories and Amazon have confirmed that forthcoming Prime Original series Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan will be available on Prime Video in both Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision HDR starting August 31st, bringing the complete Dolby audio and visual experience to Prime members.

Dolby Atmos, Vision for Prime's Jack Ryan

I'll believe it when I see it. A few new originals, which have been reported to me made in UHD, are only available in HD and others which were available have been removed.

...so it’s available now on prime Video.

Still can’t find any info on what devices will unlock the Dolby Vision...

It’s listed properly in the 4K section as Dolby Vision and HDR, but plays in HDR10 on my C7 OLED.
No idea how to trigger DV. I assume the C7 is not an approved device.
At least it was fairly easy to find the HDR version, though I cannot understand why, yet again, only the 1080 version is in the featured section???

It’s listed properly in the 4K section as Dolby Vision and HDR, but plays in HDR10 on my C7 OLED.
At least it was fairly easy to find the HDR version, though I cannot understand why, yet again, only the 1080 version is in the featured section???

Hi it played in Dolby Vision on my Sony A1 :). But not in Atmos...

Then again, it is not playing in Atmos on my Fire TV 3 either...

Edit: I’m sure it will come to work in DV on your C7 because you see the DV logo. Eg on my ATV which does DV, it doesn’t work either but there is no DV logo in the Prime app.

I have the lg b7 and have the same problem the app lists it as dolby vision but will only playback the HDR10 version and my apple tv will only play the HDR10 version as well

Last edited:
For what it's worth someone in the Apple TV thread mentioned they had both Dolby Vision and Atmos working on an LG C8.

I'm still not getting Atmos on the Fire TV 3 - one of the only specifically mentioned devices, which is frustrating...

I have the lg b7 and have the same problem the app lists it as dolby vision but will only playback the HDR10 version and my apple tv will only play the HDR10 version as well
I can’t get too worked up about it. The B and C7 do an excellent job of HDR10 with dynamic contrast on low, so I expect the difference won’t really be obvious.
Also I’m bearing in mind it’s Amazon we’re talking about. It’s a minor miracle we found a 4K version at all!
If it looks awful when I watch it properly later I’ll revise my comments.

For what it's worth someone in the Apple TV thread mentioned they had both Dolby Vision and Atmos working on an LG C8.

I'm still not getting Atmos on the Fire TV 3 - one of the only specifically mentioned devices, which is frustrating..
Yeh, I saw the C8 post. It’s still HDR10 on mine. Maybe it’s reserved for this years models??
I can imagine your frustration.
You would expect they might be capable of getting it right on their own device. Not asking much is it. :rolleyes:

I can’t get too worked up about it. The B and C7 do an excellent job of HDR10 with dynamic contrast on low, so I expect the difference won’t really be obvious.
Also I’m bearing in mind it’s Amazon we’re talking about. It’s a minor miracle we found a 4K version at all!
If it looks awful when I watch it properly later I’ll revise my comments.
It's more frustrating than anything I am sick of how bad the amazon app is at finding 4k HDR content. Half of the 4k hdr content does not show in the 4k section and your cant Search for it. There is no excuse for a company as big as Amazon to have such a bad app

The built-in app is now playing it in DV on my b7 Looks like it must be a server side ID issue I'm guessing

The built-in app is now playing it in DV on my b7 Looks like it must be a server side ID issue I'm guessing
Still HDR10 here. Very strange.

Yep, another E7 HDR10, glitch that may be resolved??
Sounds like a good show anyway, so HDR10 will do nicely for now :)

The Ultra HD stream is offered by Fire TV even with a 1080p TV. Atmos is then selectable from the Audio options and confirmed by my Denon amp.

Yep, another E7 HDR10, glitch that may be resolved??
Sounds like a good show anyway, so HDR10 will do nicely for now :)
Just tried again and now in DV + Atmos :)

It plays in Dolby Vision on my C7.

It looks fabulous, its playing as advertised finally and it’s arguably the current flagship title, so, if I were Amazon, why would I make it relatively difficult to find in favour of an SDR 1080 version?
Surely it should be splashed across the top of the landing page and used in promotional materials everywhere I could.
Why would I make other titles, like the Man City documentary, virtually impossible to find in UHD?
Wouldn’t UHD and HDR be likely to increase the subscriber numbers?
I can’t understand their logic at all.

I emailed multiple times with links to threads all saying the same thing - while it’s not difficult to eventually find 4K, it’s so far down the listing. It also annoying when you pick up from your last watched row and hit the SD by mistake, then next time you have to select to see which one it is as it shows both versions in the same last watched row...ahhh
It’s crazy it’s either not further up, or you land in the program and get the choice.
I really wish they would copy the amazon model and just stream to the highest your tv can play.

The 4K listings are no use anymore though.
Try finding The Marvellous Mrs Maisel and All or Nothing Manchester City in 4K.
As far as I can tell they are not listed anywhere in the app, but they do exist. I watched the Man City one last night.
I only found them because of another thread here. How the posters found them god only knows. The power of Twitter I think.
It’s just crazy and, I suspect, the result of a company who’s core business is not film and tv failing to understanding what is needed.

Right, I can only find the 'advertised' 1080p version (LG C8) that only plays in Stereo as well through the webOS app? o_O

Right, I can only find the 'advertised' 1080p version (LG C8) that only plays in Stereo as well through the webOS app? o_O
Select the TV option at the top of the main screen. Then you only have to scroll down around 4 rows before you will see the 4K section. Jack Ryan will be the first option in that section. It should then trigger Dolby Vision mode and might take a little while to get to UHD as it will start the stream @ 1080p and then work up to Ultra HD

Great to hear it working on all the LG TVs. I now have the Atmos working on my fire TV :) thanks to a member here pointing out how. Still just Dolby Vision on my Sony TV app (which does do DD+) but will check again later.

Any Sony TV users getting it in DV and Atmos?

Watched ep 1 anyway in HDR10 and Atmos. Didn’t look as DV but still very good and sounded great. Show looks promising too!

The way I go about relocating 4K stuff is using the “Watch list” feature exclusively for UHD versions of stuff. A shame because it basically means you don’t have the feature anymore (ie I no longer add random films and odds and sods) but is handy to quickly get back to 4K stuff.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom