Dolby Atmos, Vision for Prime’s Jack Ryan

Thats a shame - the Atmos track is a great improvement - hopefully you can get some proper support from Arcam or Amazon

Yeah that is really weird seems you’ve exhausted all options. There is a Fire TV owners thread over on AVSForums which was discussing getting Atmos working on Jack Ryan - perhaps have a read/post in there just in case.

Thats a shame - the Atmos track is a great improvement - hopefully you can get some proper support from Arcam or Amazon
I can definitely say for sure that it is not the Arcam at fault. It’s working perfectly.

Select the TV option at the top of the main screen. Then you only have to scroll down around 4 rows before you will see the 4K section. Jack Ryan will be the first option in that section. It should then trigger Dolby Vision mode and might take a little while to get to UHD as it will start the stream @ 1080p and then work up to Ultra HD

Again, thanks for pointing this out, I did manage to find the hidden 4k version in the end! Amazon really is trying hard not to spend too much money on 4k streams and data coming through their AWS data centres :laugh:

I have tried all day to get my Atmos working on the 3rd Generation Fire box. I get Atmos on my other devices but Jack Ryan is only showing in 5.1. Can anyone else get the Atmos?

Once I started playing the 4k version through the built-in Amazon Prime app oh my C8, my receiver showed 'Atmos' as the source, hence I am assuming everything is clear on this one. Also, it overheated after 30 minutes, so I guess all speakers were fairly active :rotfl:

I can definitely say for sure that it is not the Arcam at fault. It’s working perfectly.

Hi mate - have you ever verified your AVR playing the DD+ variety of Atmos? When I was prepping for Ryan and checking everything worked I used this:

LG: Amaze Dolby Vision UHD 4K Demo | 4K Media

Appreciate you might not have a device to play it but just a thought; could then 100% rule out the receiver.

I was hoping for some help it looks there are problems I have got Virgin v box I also have a Samsung 4K TV I have been trying to get the 4K UHD version but no luck. I see that some of you have got it Ok Can you please tell me a way I can do it? Thanks I do have prime though

I was hoping for some help it looks there are problems I have got Virgin v box I also have a Samsung 4K TV I have been trying to get the 4K UHD version but no luck. I see that some of you have got it Ok Can you please tell me a way I can do it? Thanks I do have prime though
I can't really help with Virgin or Samsung TV apps but if they are like the LG TV app then best way to find the UHD version of Jack Ryan is to:

1 Scroll across the top menu selections to get to TV
2 Scroll down 3 or 4 rows and you should see the Prime 4K/UHD section. Jack Ryan should be the first series in that section.
3 once you select it, it should trigger the HDR settings on your TV (my LG triggers Dolby Vision HDR) if your Samsung is compatible. Once it is playing, the banner at the bottom will probably say HDR and 1080p to start with. If you give it a few seconds up to a minute it will then change to Ultra HD

Hope that helps but apologies if the Samsung app works differently to my LG one.

Thanks for sorting that out for me:thumbsup:

Hi mate - have you ever verified your AVR playing the DD+ variety of Atmos? When I was prepping for Ryan and checking everything worked I used this:

LG: Amaze Dolby Vision UHD 4K Demo | 4K Media

Appreciate you might not have a device to play it but just a thought; could then 100% rule out the receiver.
Thank you. Amazon decided to turn on Atmos in the UK three days after than the US. It all works great now.

I've just watched episode one of this on my Apple TV 4K and I got 4K HDR10 (with ugly, washed out black levels), and 2 channel stereo audio. Great job Amazon, you really nailed it.

I've just watched episode one of this on my Apple TV 4K and I got 4K HDR10 (with ugly, washed out black levels), and 2 channel stereo audio. Great job Amazon, you really nailed it.
Yeah, Amazon aren't broadcasting in Atmos on the Apple TV yet. I don't think they are broadcasting any UHD content on there either but I may be wrong. I went to the Netflix app on the Apple TV and searched for "Dolby Atmos" and it gave me a list of films and TV programmes and they do play perfectly. I wish I could put a shortcut to the Atmos Netflix films but I can't see how. My Apple TV arrived on Tuesday and so far I like it. Hate the remote though.

Man, I haven't been able to get Atmos working at all on my FireTV (pendant) and Yamaha RX-A2040. I don't even have the Audio option when I press the hamburger button on the FireTV remote. Atmos works fine on my PS3.

Man, I haven't been able to get Atmos working at all on my FireTV (pendant) and Yamaha RX-A2040. I don't even have the Audio option when I press the hamburger button on the FireTV remote. Atmos works fine on my PS3.
What are you trying to watch on your Fire TV? Amazon stuff or Netflix? As far as I know, the only Amazon programme going out in Atmos at the moment is Jack Ryan UHD. You have to start to play it, then click the Options button on your remote and change the audio settings. It is a crap and cack-handed way of doing it and Amazon have f***ed up again. Let me know as I have figured this out now.

The Atmos does work on the pendant Fire TV. I hate that thing hanging out of my amp.

What are you trying to watch on your Fire TV? Amazon stuff or Netflix? As far as I know, the only Amazon programme going out in Atmos at the moment is Jack Ryan UHD. You have to start to play it, then click the Options button on your remote and change the audio settings. It is a crap and cack-handed way of doing it and Amazon have f***ed up again. Let me know as I have figured this out now.
I'm trying to watch Jack Ryan UHD version on the current gen FireTV. When pressing the options button on the FireTV remote there is no Audio setting, only Subtitles.

Oddly enough, the Audio settings in the options disappeared after a factory reset two weeks ago.

I assume your amp is set up for Atmos and your Fire TV is set to Dolby Digital Plus over HDMI in the Audio settings? Restart your Fire TV box, play the Jack Ryan UHD programme. When it starts to play, press the Options and there should be an Audio and UHD setting in there. Go to the Audio and there should be an Atmos setting. Why there isn't an Atmos setting in the main sound menu is a mystery. Let me know.

I assume your amp is set up for Atmos and your Fire TV is set to Dolby Digital Plus over HDMI in the Audio settings? Restart your Fire TV box, play the Jack Ryan UHD programme. When it starts to play, press the Options and there should be an Audio and UHD setting in there. Go to the Audio and there should be an Atmos setting. Why there isn't an Atmos setting in the main sound menu is a mystery. Let me know.
Switching from Dolby Digital Plus over HDMI to Auto then back to Dolby Digital Plus over HDMI restored my missing Audio settings option, but Stereo and Dolby Digital Plus are my only options. I'm going to try moving the FireTV to another Atmos setup I have and see if behaves differently.

Switching from Dolby Digital Plus over HDMI to Auto then back to Dolby Digital Plus over HDMI restored my missing Audio settings option, but Stereo and Dolby Digital Plus are my only options. I'm going to try moving the FireTV to another Atmos setup I have and see if behaves differently.
OK, keep me posted please.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom