Question Dolby Atmos Speakers- Front Up-firing and Rear Elevation for 5.1.4

Spee2k

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Doing an upgrade of my kit- 4K projector,Screen etc and need some help with a potential 5.1.4 Atmos Setup

I have inlcuded a picture of my current setup. I have B&W CM7 fronts and CM center channel, and currently using some Monitor Audio Raduis 90's for rear (I intend to change this depending on what route I take for my rear Atmos setup). So a classic 5.1 system ( using a B&W PV1 sub)

As you can see, I am really tight for space on the rear channels. I can move the sofa maybe 2 or 3 feet forward but not a lot more. I also intend to get a 92" fixed projector screen so I wouldn't want to move super close.

Considering the above, I am worried if I use up-firing speakers for the rears , I would not have enough space behind the sofa to correctly align the rear speakers for Atmos duty. This got me thinking if I could use a combination of up-firing speaker modules for my fronts ( looking at Elac or Kef Modules ) and something like the SVS Prime Elevation or Dali Alteco C-1 as rear elevation to mimic in-ceiling Atmos speakers. The rear elevation speakers would be mounted right up where ceiling meets wall ( ceiling is approx 7.7ft tall) .

Would this system work? Or do you think I would be able to incorporate up-firing modules or something like the Pioneer Bookshelf speakers with in-built Atmos speaker ( by Andrew Jones) into my setup ?

Looking forward to any helpful comments

Attachments

• Living room.jpg
    Living room.jpg
    766.2 KB · Views: 116

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom