Dolby Atmos Speakers - Budget Up To £600

Discussion in 'What Speakers Should I Buy?' started by jUsT2eXy, Dec 27, 2016.

1. jUsT2eXy

jUsT2eXy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys,

Seasons greetings.

Today I purchased a Samsung UE55S7000 TV for the second living room which I'd like to turn into a multipurpose cinema / chillout room (on a budget of course :cool:)

I currently have a 40" Samsung LED TV paired up to an Onkyo HT-S5305 (120W) in the main living room and (in my opinion) it is very good and does a good job. So this is the benchmark for me and I'm sure technology has progressed and even the cheapest packages will be as good as/better.

I'm keen to buy a Dolby Atmos certified/compatible receiver and speaker package for less than £600 to pair up with the new TV. I must stress that this system will be based in the second living room and therefore I am after a system that provides the most bang for my buck and thus it would help if it was cheaper than £600. For reference I use Plex and my HTPC to watch Bluray Rips.

I've seen the Onkyo SKSHT588 for £399 at RicherSounds. Is this any good for my needs? I'm open to suggestions. Ideally I'd like to purchase this as soon as possible and start using my new TV to the fullest.

Thanks guys. I look forward to reading your comments. :clap:

2. connect

connect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    I answered in the other thread you have too. Not sure which one you're keeping so thought I'd add it here too!

Apart from the TV it's like I'm ready my own thoughts on this post! I'm almost in the same place as you so would also appreciate any members answer to your question.

I am one step ahead though as I have bought a Denon X2300W for £379 on Boxing Day. I chose this receiver as it seems to have everything for a very good price. I am now looking for speakers.

Having seen today's review for the Atmos upfiring pair I'm determined to get this sorted this week! For me £349 just for the upfiring is out of my range. I, like you am looking at the Onkyo Atmos package. Or possible the Tannoy 5.1 from Richer sounds at £179 plus the Onkyo Atmos pair for £129 from many places. I just can't find any in depth reviews on the Onkyo 5.1.2 Atmos package. I'm surprised no one on the forums has these yet. Maybe we are to be the Guinea Pigs.