• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question dolby atmos speaker setting up advice needed

chaos123007

Established Member
hi

i currently run a 7.1.2 system, this consists of monitor audio silver speakers and 2 sets of dipole/bipole rxfx speakers, one set to dipole, one set to bipole as per the instruction manual.

i use kef r50 atmos speakers which sit on top of my front speakers.

i was considering altering my 2 sets of rxfx one to be set as atmos speakers the other set to surrounds in a 5.1.4 set up.

is this a good idea, would it be better or not what would i set the second set of rxfx to dipole or bipole.

my rears actually sit on speaker stands so i would simply put one set of rxfx on to of the other rxfx surrounds

any advice would be great

thanks

Last edited:

hamster3

Established Member
I don't think it would work. They would need to be angled so the sound bounced off the ceiling onto the listening position.

chaos123007

Established Member
i was told i could use them in bipole mode if i were to use them as atmos but i never got any other information than that, i am assuming i would have to mount them to my ceiling.

i wonder if it is better ro have 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 ???

i will post a sketch of my layout, i wanted to ask if i got another set of kef r50 as some point would they be ok in the back corners behind my chairs against the wall on speaker stands aimed at my sofa upward firing of course. Not that i want the expense

Attachments

• thumbnail_DSC_0195.jpg
    thumbnail_DSC_0195.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 37

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom