Have to check mine again then. The movies on mine are showing as Dolby Digital 5.1 and not DD+ even though it’s selected. Maybe I’ve not checked my pioneer sclx 701 amp correctly.

It deffo sounds better [emoji106][emoji106]

@bmkev Are you on the regular channels or UHD downloads? Is it just films? Only getting DD5.1 on anything with my Onkyo Atmos Available receiver.

I get DD + Neur when watching normal sky movies and UHD.
I get a photo in a bit, kid and missus watching a bluray currently.

I Have a Denon 3300, the DD + Neu thing is not dolby digital, it is dolby digital plus new processing,
mine still says dd + surround, the way it was before the update. An easy way to check would be to turn the dd+ off from the Q box and check if the display on the denon changes.

Last edited:
Ah good call, I'll try when I get back home tonight. Although, other channels such as BBC, ITV etc still only show DD Surround.

Can anyone help how do i set my atmos soundbar to sky q. Sky q only as one hdmi out. My Samsung 4k blu ray player as two HDMI outs one to tv one to soundbar @ the min using optical to sky q but i know to get atmos it as to be hdmi my soundbar is 5.1.4 atmos blu-rays sound bloody fantastic. How do you connected sky q if it only as one hdmi out. My set up is Samsung 65ks9000 with Samsung atmos soundbar with the 4k blu ray player plus ps4 pro. Any help would be much appreciated.

I Have a Denon 3300, the DD + Neu thing is not dolby digital, it is dolby digital plus new processing,
mine still says dd + surround, the way it was before the update. An easy way to check would be to turn the dd+ off from the Q box and check if the display on the denon changes.

Tried as suggested and when I switch to normal DD on my Sky box, the amp still says the DD + Nur
o_Oo_O
Ideas??

Tried as suggested and when I switch to normal DD on my Sky box, the amp still says the DD + Nur
o_Oo_O
Ideas??

Could "DD + Nur" be intended to be read as "DD and Nur" rather than "DD+ Nur" ?

i.e. "Dolby Digital and/with Nur" rather than "Dolby Digital Plus Nur"

Could "DD + Nur" be intended to be read as "DD and Nur" rather than "DD+ Nur" ?

i.e. "Dolby Digital and/with Nur" rather than "Dolby Digital Plus Nur"

That makes sense, i'll be installing some Atmos speakers soon so I'll give it a proper try.

Lovely Dolby Atmos flagged up now on my Yamaha display[emoji23]

:)

Attachments

• IMG_20170811_191042.jpg
    IMG_20170811_191042.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 198
Just wish sky had two hdmi outs it would make life so much easier. That way i could just connect my atmos soundbar with hdmi.
HDMI splitter?

IMG_1502478252.563595.jpg
to be honest dd+ sounds better all I can hear is the crowd which is what it's ment to do but I just prefer it on normal DD+

IMG_1625.jpg
stay with it and it's getting better now I've listened to it for 10 minutes

It's a fuller, more robust sound experience but it's hardly life changing. Here's hoping when they apply it to UHD movies the end result produces more of the wow factor we get from our discs.

The commentary is too far down the mix. Its difficult to hear what's being said.

IMG_20170811_202937.jpg

Goalkeeper kicking is boots on the goal post near end of 1st half came through speakers like he was next to me in living room

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom