Dolby Atmos setup with Dali speakers in basement

Skrikumsik

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Very interesting stuff on this forum, even though I just registered and had a quick look.
I was hoping to get your expert help on setting up Dolby Atmos in my newly purchased house. In the basement I am looking to expand my 5.1 to 5.1.4 setup with Dali speakers. I have been able to buy some Dali speakers second hand at good price, so maybe the speakers are optimal but this is what I have to work with at the moment:
2 Oberon 5, 2 Spektor 2, 2 Spektor 1, 2 Alteco and 1 Vokal. I am also planning to buy the Denon X3700H as receiver.

The room is 3,7 m wide and 4,5 meters deep with a ceiling height of 2,3 meters.

My plan is to place the sofa 4 meters from the front wall, with rear speakers behind the sofa. I was planning the use the Alteco down-firing capabilites and use it as the top rear overhead speaker. What do you think about that?
And if used like that, what speaker should I use for surround speaker (was thinking Spektor 2) and top front overhead speaker (Spektor 1?)?

Any input as this stage is very welcomed. I am very new in the planning for Atmos, so I might have something wrong. I was thinking to use the Alteco as a rear speaker rather than front to get the overhead angles better...

That sounds fine. Just make sure all your main 5 ground speakers are at ear high. If you put them to high your won't get the right Atmos effect.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom