Dolby Atmos on Google Chromecast

skeegan

Novice Member
Hello,

My 4K TV does not have HDMI ARC. If I connect my Google Chromecast (3rd generation) to the input on this splitter device, then connect the audio HDMI output to a Dolby Atmos soundbar and the HDMI output to my TV, will I have Dolby Atmos surround sound on my soundbar and full 4K video on my TV?

outoftheknow

then connect the audio HDMI output to a Dolby Atmos soundbar
Should probably work. It claims 7.1 audio out. Not entirely sure about the claimed audio capabilities of the audio outputs to be honest:

Four Audio Mode Settings】HDMI audio converter have Pass, 2.0CH, 5.1CH and 7.1 CH four kinds of audio mode options. 3.5mm audio output supports 2CH PCM LPCM stereo audio; Optical SPDIF output supports 2CH PCM, 5.1CH Dobly Digital, Dobly TrueHD, DTS-HD, DTS. HDMI 7.1 Audio output support incoming 2CH PCM LPCM 5.1CH, Dobly 7.1CH ATMOS

Hopefully that jumble is merely a language issue. If Optical did support Dobly (sic) TrueHD, eArc wouldn't be a thing I would have thought.

Just remember that audio out HDMI cable needs to go to a soundbar HDMI input - not the soundbar ARC/eARC HDMI output. Will not work if the soundbar has no HDMI inputs (Sonos etc). As your TV has no ARC/eARC, you won't get audio from TV sources to the soundbar. The Chromecast would be fine though.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Which Soundbar do you have?

Do you have any streaming subscriptions which support Atmos playback?

Joe

skeegan

Novice Member
I have ordered the MAJORITY Sierra Plus 2.1.2 Dolby Atmos Soundbar

I have Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime. I believe they all support Atmos?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
MAJORITY Sierra Plus 2.1.2 Dolby Atmos Soundbar - not great reading here, Majority soundbar - any good?

'I have Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime. I believe they all support Atmos?' - with the correct Subscription!

Joe

skeegan

Novice Member
thanks for the link to the review- seems okay for my requirements. I was looking for an improvement on my old soundbar (a QAcoustics M3) for not too much expense.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom