marcd5123

Attachments

HSC

Yep
Not working on 2019 Shield yet though

Edit : Shield 2019 working now too as well as ATV4K

Last edited:

OneManTagTeam

Will need to check it out again tomorrow. My wee boy was watching Toy Story 4 earlier but no atmos through our C9

Edit: just checked and it’s all good now

Last edited:

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Works for me via FIRE TV stick.

jwlawler

I cannot get this to work. I have been trying Toy Story 4 and I see Atmos mentioned in the details but I don't get Atmos when I play it.

I am using the app in my fairly new Samsung 55" RU 7400 UHD TV. It is connected a Denon X3200W using the ARC channel in the HDMI. Using the same set-up, I am able to get Atmos in Amazon Prime and NetFlix.

Zigourney

Does this mean now the sound quality is back to normal? I mean I only recently got the Disney+ channel on my C8 and I found the sound volume on lots of films to be extremely low. Then I thought maybe its something to do with the reduction of the streaming quality, or is this problem not related to the streaming quality issue?

Broken Hope

Does this mean now the sound quality is back to normal? I mean I only recently got the Disney+ channel on my C8 and I found the sound volume on lots of films to be extremely low. Then I thought maybe its something to do with the reduction of the streaming quality, or is this problem not related to the streaming quality issue?
Disney sound mixing often needs the volume increasing, it's just how they mix their films.

Docal97

Novice Member

marcd5123

Hi @Docal97 It's the Disney + app on the Amazon 4K Firestick. I mainly use that rather the built in app. Will check internal disney app I'm pretty sure I checked that as well and it worked. Will check once more later tonight and report back 😊👍

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Watched Hamilton yesterday on 4K firestick. And yes atmos is present. The stick is connected to a Denon 4K AVR with Atmos speakers.

Awesome pictures and audio (if you like modern musicals). Not usually a fan of RAP but this grabbed. me.

Even 21 year old grandson was hooked.

jwlawler

I found some weirdness. I have a Samsung 55" RU7400 connected to a Denon X3200W and an Atmos speaker setup.

Using the apps in the TV, I get Atmos from Amazon Prime and Netflix but not Disney. I tried a 4k Firestick, it got Atmos from Amazon Prime and Disney but not Netflix.

prawnmadras

Novice Member
I found some weirdness. I have a Samsung 55" RU7400 connected to a Denon X3200W and an Atmos speaker setup.

Using the apps in the TV, I get Atmos from Amazon Prime and Netflix but not Disney. I tried a 4k Firestick, it got Atmos from Amazon Prime and Disney but not Netflix.
I contacted Disney+ support and they said that their app only supports Atmos on certain devices, Firestick, Xbox X,S , ATV4k and Roku. Which means none of TV big players like Samsung and LG.

I tried it on the Roku and even then it has to be Disney+ installed from the US.

dazzasky

I contacted Disney+ support and they said that their app only supports Atmos on certain devices, Firestick, Xbox X,S , ATV4k and Roku. Which means none of TV big players like Samsung and LG.

I tried it on the Roku and even then it has to be Disney+ installed from the US.
My LG tv app supports Dolby Atmos on the UK version of the app so Disney were not telling you the truth.

Last edited:

prawnmadras

Novice Member
My LG tv app supports Dolby Atmos on the UK version of the app so Disney we’re not telling you the truth.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not entirely surprised at D+.

On a side note, I'm considering buying an LG 49NANO866NA . Do you get ATMOS on Netflix, Prime and ATV apps on your LG?