Dolby Atmos Home Cinema in my Consevatory

AVDavid

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a conservatory built on my house in 2006 and kitted it out as a home cinema with HD and the world cup in mind I had an Infocus 7200, Sky HD and an Onkyo 805 at the time. Fast forward to this year and in March I purchased a Marantz 7009 9 channel receiver and put together a 7.1.4 set up
DSC07582.jpg
DSC07584.jpg
for Dolby Atmos, my surrounds were B&W VM1's which fitted into the gaps in the windows just fine now for the ceiling I had no problem accommodating these as the JBL control 1's fitted into the roof very easily and sit a bit higher than they would in a conventional ceiling giving an extra air to the sound. My main speakers are copies of Proac response 2.5's plenty of details on the internet to build these top notch speakers my centre is another speaker from the internet a design called the ariel using Scanspeak and Vifa drivers. The sub contains 2 x 12" drivers same as BK's Monolith but the internal design is pinched from the REL studio ARM loading. Onto the equipment side I have 9 channels from the Marantz but needed another 2 the power amp below the Marantz is made from 2 x BK 200w amp modules I made this amp back in 1997 is was fairly easy to put together is a dual mono design separate power supplies for each channel and has a very high damping factor. I'm very keen on music and movies and the eagle eyed among you would have spotted my FFYX turntable with a highly modified RB250 arm by Jeff Spall who runs a company called Audiomods fitted with a Goldring 1042 running into a Graham Slee phono stage, I also have a Cyrus CDX SE transport for CD's and I also listen to FLAC files on a USB direct into the 7009 controlling it with an app on my phone.
DSC07587.jpg
DSC07588.jpg

Forgot to mention the projector is an Optoma 65 something 1080p and the power amp drives the main speakers

How do you keep that room warm in the winter? Add a wood burning stove me thinks. Nice Marantz..looks nice in silver.

We have a radiator and heater plus some blankets and it doesn't get too cold as I live down in Cornwall

I like it! How hot does it get in summer? Hot enough to worry about any of your kit?

It cam get up to 45oC in the summer but the equipment rack is in another room

How well do the JBL control 1 work as atmos speakers as I'm also thinking of using them

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom