Quantcast

Question Dolby Atmos for headphones not working?

DrMekon

I've installed Dolby Access and the Atmos app. Selected the setting for Headset to use Atmos but when I go back to Access to play one of the demos, I can see a pink exclamation mark next to Dolby Access and it just sounds like stereo.

I am using a traditional pair of hi end headphones but understand that three effect should still work as it's a software effect and isn't reliant on any particular type of headphones.

IMG_20190921_092454.jpg

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Have you purchased the Atmos App?
Might be worth doing a console restart via the Settings Menu.

DrMekon

Yes and done several times...

Dwayne Dibley

Thread Hijack imminent! Apologies.

I'm having an issue downloading the Dolby Access App.

I initially downloaded the Dolby Atmos App on my Xbox.

(apologies, I'm doing this bit from memory!!!)
When you fire the App up it shows 2 tabs. One of the tabs is split into 2 halves. The right talks about setting up Atmos for my home theatre.
The left has 3 buttons. 1 to download the app. A 2nd to buy the app. And a 3rd I cant quite remember.

I've clicked on the Download app button.
It says do I want to Download? I click this. And then it errors. I've done this about 10 times over the last 5 days. Meanwhile the "free" 30 days is ticking down. I'm on 25 days left.

Anyone have any thoughts on fixes? Thanks in advance.

Jayc1976

Is this still an issue on the Xbox as I bought access a while back and yesterday had an update for the app. I opened up the app and have a pink exclamation mark in on the top of the screen. I followed the instructions to set up for headphones but it doesn't do anything it seems to just loop back to the setup. Tried several restarts. In audio settings it allows me to select atmos for headphones but I'm unsure if it is actually working.

JB0591

Novice Member
Is this still an issue on the Xbox as I bought access a while back and yesterday had an update for the app. I opened up the app and have a pink exclamation mark in on the top of the screen. I followed the instructions to set up for headphones but it doesn't do anything it seems to just loop back to the setup. Tried several restarts. In audio settings it allows me to select atmos for headphones but I'm unsure if it is actually working.
Dolby has put out a message that there is a bug with an updated Microsoft store which stopped their app checking for a license. They say as long as the audio for atmos is selected then it will be working. I tried it set to uncompressed stereo audio and atmos for headphones and can hear that the atmos is working either though I have the warning indicator