rjames1701

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

When I play a film via the disney app on ATV the AVR switches to Dolby Atmos but the TV only tells me it’s Dolby vision. However, if I play an film via the TV’s Netflix app it will show both Dolby vision and Dolby atmos banners. If I play a 4k blu ray I get the same behaviour as Netflix in that I see both Dolly vision and atmos banners on tv.
Is the AVR not passing through atmos from ATV to tv?

I’m not too concerned at the moment as I don’t yet have Dolby atmos speakers but I’d like to understand why the behaviour is different.

Thanks

I’m not too concerned at the moment as I don’t yet have Dolby atmos speakers but I’d like to understand why the behaviour is different.
If you don't have speakers in the Atmos domain in the minimum of a 5.1.2 then you are not getting Atmos and the Denon is not decoding Atmos. The banners you are getting I take it is on the TV screen? When the Denon is able to decode Atmos the front fascia will display Dolby Atmos.

I would check the amp assign in the set up menu to check that you have not inadvertently set Atmos speakers as being present.

I am definitely running 5.1 only. When the AVR shows Atmos I do not see the banner “Atmos” on the screen. I just thought that if the AVR showed Atmos then it would pass it on to the TV. What I should have mentioned is that my Panny has an Atmos blade so I occasionally use that over the AVR.

Attachments

• 81ED2A74-D8D3-42D6-8E69-485F90D856BA.jpeg
    81ED2A74-D8D3-42D6-8E69-485F90D856BA.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 67

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom