• IMG_20170628_180504.jpg
    IMG_20170628_180504.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 759
  • IMG_20170628_180606.jpg
    IMG_20170628_180606.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 245
Not working for me... just shows HDR no atmos symbol....:(

Gutted that it's only on Xbox :(

Just checked on my set up and it's working.

Xbox one > Denon 4300H > Samsung 48HU7500 tv

Amazing immersive sound and so detailed in every way. It rocks! :thumbsup:

Well done Netflix, now please Sky, Amazon, et. al. join the 3D sound movement ;)

Cheers
Riaz

Well done Netflix, now please Sky, Amazon, et. al. join the 3D sound movement ;)

Cheers
Riaz
This is ideal! Time to stop watching Netflix via my tv app and start using the Xbox. What titles have you found with atmos then so far?? Thanks

Just got a 6 months free Sky Ticket with my new mobile phone contract in Germany.
Seems to me that the Sky application is the worst of the streaming apps compared to the ones I've used: Netflix, Amazon Video and Maxdome, which I've tried on my LG Oled 910 TV, iPad, Android and PC).

Without derailing this forum topic too much on all the detailed issues of the Sky Ticket app, is it possible that the streaming is still happening only in Dolby Digital 2.0 for Sky?
This is what the receiver tells me from the TV and the PC, even if I didn't play much with the settings.

Regarding the Netflix announcement: good news, yeah! ...but waiting for more supported platforms before upgrading my contract to the UHD one which is needed to get Atmos.

Works for me - shame that none of the TV shows seem to be getting it, I'd really have loved the Defenders to be in ATMOS.
Also hope it comes to Chromecast, although going to have to stump up for a CC Ultra I think.

Last edited:
Not working for me... just shows HDR no atmos symbol....:(
Anyone got any ideas why it's not showing the atmos symbol does the app need to update.? got the Xbox one S connected to my onkyo 656 connected to a panasonic 4k And it does do ATMOS.

Gutted that no support for PS4 or Roku boxes. Hopefully it'll come further down the line, unless it's limited by the chip or something?

I'd also be interested to know how an OLED TV create a 360 Atmos experience without any external sound system?

Cheers
Riaz
Riaz what speaker set up have you got?

Anyone got any ideas why it's not showing the atmos symbol does the app need to update.? got the Xbox one S connected to my onkyo 656 connected to a panasonic 4k And it does do ATMOS.
Have you downloaded the Dolby Access app and configured to bitstream and turn Dolby Atmos?

Have you downloaded the Dolby Access app and configured to bitstream and turn Dolby Atmos?
Doh, no I didn't, I'll give that a go. I just chucked a Dolby Atmos Bluray in and it worked so just thought it would work for Netflix. I'll give your Ideas a go, thanks Nobbler..:smashin:

Doh, no I didn't, I'll give that a go. I just chucked a Dolby Atmos Bluray in and it worked so just thought it would work for Netflix. I'll give your Ideas a go, thanks Nobbler..:smashin:
I can't take the credit mate as it's all in post #2 ;)

I can't take the credit mate as it's all in post #2 ;)
I read it as the ATMOS app was for the headphones set up not receiver :facepalm: then you came along and explained it in a simple way using small words :D which was a lot more helpful.And it worked a treat, so thank's again mate..:thumbsup:

Would this work when streaming through Chromecast Ultra device?

Given that most streaming services deliver Dolby Digital Plus at best (NowTV on PS4 can't even manage that!)... why the sudden jump to Atmos? Surely it would benefit far more people to have True HD or HD-MA?

Or am I missing something ... does the Atmos stream also include a True HD track?

Given that most streaming services deliver Dolby Digital Plus at best (NowTV on PS4 can't even manage that!)... why the sudden jump to Atmos? Surely it would benefit far more people to have True HD or HD-MA?

Or am I missing something ... does the Atmos stream also include a True HD track?
The Atmos track is embedded within the core Tru-Hd soundtrack[emoji106]

I'd also be interested to know how an OLED TV create a 360 Atmos experience without any external sound system?
Yep me too. Since you can apparently get "atmos" through headphones there must be varieties. Anyway it is working fine for me also through a conventional receiver and speaker setup like the others above, even though I've got no height speakers. The demos after loading the Dolby app were superb.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom