Question Dolby Atmos Ceiling Speakers Advice

Alexxxx

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have decided to take a plunge into the world of Atmos and would like to install a set of overhead speakers.

My ceilings are the old fashioned laughing plaster type and i don't really want to create giant holes in my ceiling.

My question is, are there any reasonably low priced low profile ceiling speakers that I could use for my set-up?

I was also considering using front height speakers for the atmos, but I don't think they will be as good as actual overhead speakers (Not actually sure if Sony supports front height speakers to begin with).

My set-up:
Sony STR-DN1080
MA Apex A10s + A40
SVS SB12 plus

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
I've been using a pair of Kef T101 and been very happy with them - they're fastened to the ceiling using the wall mounts (provided) and four screws/plugs. In a similar price range there's also these although I have no experience of them ATC HTS7 AV Speaker System Review

I am using Kef T101s for Atmos.
Works well with my SVS setup.

Attachments

• IMG_20170901_004921.jpg
    IMG_20170901_004921.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 403
  • IMG_20170901_004855.jpg
    IMG_20170901_004855.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 937
Cheers guys, will check them out.

I stumbled upon some low profile monitor audio speaker/ in my local shop, but can’t remember what they were called :(

JBL Control 1 Pros mounted to wall hangers, dont actually touch the celing, except some acoustic foam in the gap
IMG_0640.JPG

Not sure how domestically acceptable this could look outside a dedicated dark room though.

Rob.

JBL Control 1 Pros mounted to wall hangers, dont actually touch the celing, except some acoustic foam in the gapView attachment 933746

Not sure how domestically acceptable this could look outside a dedicated dark room though.

Rob.
Don't think the wife would be too happy with this type of arrangement :)

Would front height speakers be better or worse than "atmosphere" speakers that bounce the sound?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom