Dolby Atmos Blu-rays

sammy the squid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As per the thread title really..it's obviously early days with the launch of this new codec, but let's see if we can get a list going. If folks post up any info/links to any blus on the way with Atmos, I'll try and update the list as we go along.

American Sniper

The Expendables 3

Gravity: Special Edition

Hercules

Insurgent

The Gunman

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

Jupiter Ascending

John Wick

On Any Sunday: The Next Chapter

Step Up All In

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Transformers: Age of Extinction

Unbroken

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Ben Hur (1925) to be released with Atmos next year, thrill to the silence of the chariot race in full 11.2.4:D

Maybe we should start a separate thread of "Discs that would least benefit from a Dolby Atmos soundtrack"
My own nomination is Mrs Brown's Boys D'Movie :D

Maybe we should start a separate thread of "Discs that would least benefit from a Dolby Atmos soundtrack"
My own nomination is Mrs Brown's Boys D'Movie :D

Oh I don't know, fart gags in the overheads could be the reason ATMOS was invented :)

Hopefully there will be more movies released in atmos. I believe all upcoming new releases should have Atmos or the other codecs that will be released soon RG. DTS UHD/AURO 3D

I believe that the latest godzilla film will have a Dolby Atmos mix when it's out on Blu-ray.

U.S. release has a DTS-MA 7.1 track and is pretty impressive already :thumbsup:

Can't wait for step up. Been on to my cc company to up my limit so I can spend thousand to enjoy this fabulous film in Atmos :(

Well I'm on to my mortgage company so I can build the extension to house all these speakers, either that or just move in to my local Cineworld might be easier ;)

Well I'm on to my mortgage company so I can build the extension to house all these speakers, either that or just move in to my local Cineworld might be easier ;)
Wait until DTS get in on the object based sound system, will then have to buy another AVR! I'm staying put until things settle down. It could be a flash in the pan like all the other extra channel set ups. Excited by it all but hanging tight for now.

Wait until DTS get in on the object based sound system, will then have to buy another AVR! I'm staying put until things settle down. It could be a flash in the pan like all the other extra channel set ups. Excited by it all but hanging tight for now.

That's what I'm doing as well. I'm tired of jumping into things and then find out that it has to be replaced within a year. I was going to go ahead and upgrade but A) not enough titles to get me there b ) like you said DTS UHD might need another avr to upgrade.

I can't see how atmos will become standard when most blu ray buyers probably don't even have 5.1 I suppose they will add it to most new blus but is there a huge market for people with 11 speakers I'd doubt it .

I can't see how atmos will become standard when most blu ray buyers probably don't even have 5.1 I suppose they will add it to most new blus but is there a huge market for people with 11 speakers I'd doubt it .

Your right there isn't. We are a minority. The majority are still buying Dvds over blu ray.

Your right there isn't. We are a minority. The majority are still buying Dvds over blu ray.

Frank, you need to sort out your Avatar ;) I hope your viewing is not as pixelated as that in OZ :cool:

I seriously doubt it somehow!

LOL.

Been a while since this thread was updated, but here's another (hopefully decent) Atmos BR release:

Torrente 5 (Spain)

Gravity Diamond Luxe Edition will have Atmos.

Been a while since this thread was updated, but here's another (hopefully decent) Atmos BR release:
Yes was a good sound track though sadly this time there was very little action to make use of atmos. Would think the bunker bombing sounds amazing though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom