CWEBB

Novice Member
Hi,

I own an LG C9 television with eARC. It's connected to my Nakamichi Shockwafe ULTRA SSE 9.2.4 soundbar via the ARC connection on the soundbar. My devices - Xbox One X, LG Blu-ray player, and cable box, are all connected via the HDMI ports on the soundbar.

I am wondering if I am getting Dolby True HD - ATMOS, lossless/uncompressed from my Blu-ray player when playing 4K UHD Dolby Atmos soundtrack discs.
I'm getting mixed answers and finding...confusing information upon my own research.

Do BOTH the soundbar AND the television need to have eARC in order to achieve lossless, uncompressed True HD?

This was an answer sent to me by Nakamichi when inquiring:
"If you own an SSE model (soundbar serial begins with an "S") you can access Dolby ATMOS via ARC with the lossy version (Dolby Digital Plus ATMOS.) The lossless version (TrueHD ATMOS) is still only accessible by connecting source devices to HDMI 2, 3, or 4 on the back of your soundbar."

So...HDMI to HDMI directly into a soundbar provides lossless True HD ATMOS?

I may be repeating myself here but...hopefully, my question(s) are clear.

Thanks in advance.

CW

jimroyale

Hello all, i am thinking about getting this sound bar setup,, the only thing that is troubling me is that my living toon only has 3 walls really,
The tv is above the fire place, sofa on the back wall opposite tv, then to the left is the bay window, but to the right is a big opening to the dining room,
Will this effect the sound bars performance much? As it won't really be able to bounce the sound off that side,
Am I worrying about nothing?

JBA6

@CWEBB
Yes you are correct, if you connect your sources to the soundbar's HDMI inputs you will get lossless TrueHD ATMOS or DTS-X if your media includes it.. The TV's capabilities are irrelevant to the audio because the soundbar is taking care of the sound not the TV.
JB

CWEBB

Novice Member
@CWEBB
Yes you are correct, if you connect your sources to the soundbar's HDMI inputs you will get lossless TrueHD ATMOS or DTS-X if your media includes it.. The TV's capabilities are irrelevant to the audio because the soundbar is taking care of the sound not the TV.
JB
Many thanks! Truly appreciated!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom