The disc can only be got from a dealer/installer you can't buy it as it's not for resale
That said try EBay
You can download clips from the link you posted

Very little info on this disc from March 2018 indeed. Too bad it's so hard to get a hold of. Many enthousiasts here would love to show of their systems with these discs :) so far nothing on the internet :)

I was wondering about this & can’t find it either. I have the 2017 UHD DTS:X one & it's good fun. Even dodgy copies on eBay are quite expensive, and I paid about £40 for the DTS one.

I bought an original Dolby Digital Demo disc back in the day directly from Dolby (along with a DD mouse mat, as I was that cool). Obviously they don’t think so, but surely they could be making a bit of easy money out of selling & mailing them out directly online (or distributing them legitimately through retailers or Amazon), rather than fuelling this black market of copies, files & people flogging them for inflated money (having probably obtained them for free at shows or whatever). I just don’t get why they’re so hard to come by, especially given how hard it is to play the downloaded files (unless you have a PC or media player).

Rob

I've always assumed that it was down to copyright deals they do with the studios for the movie and music clips.

Still a shame they cant do some sort of disk with just their own stuff on it. I know most is available to download but playing them back can be quite hard.

I've always assumed that it was down to copyright deals they do with the studios for the movie and music clips.

Still a shame they cant do some sort of disk with just their own stuff on it. I know most is available to download but playing them back can be quite hard.
Yes, exactly. I have no means to play back Atmos files. I’d pay a respectable amount for a legal disc of their trailers & demos, the film extracts are fairly uninteresting anyway. You’re probably right though, maybe the royalties / copyright is different on a disc distributed free for promo use only, but surely they can’t want to encourage the inevitable resale market of them.

Rob

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom