Dolby 5.1 issue with Panasonic home cinema

MosFan27

Novice Member
I have a problem currently playing DVDs on a blu ray home cinema and obtaining 5.1 dolby sound.
TV – Panasonic TX-P37X20B. Viera link
Blu Ray Home Cinema – Panasonic SC-BTT405.
Sky HD box.
Sky box linked to HDMI 1 on TV using HDMI lead.
Sky box linked to Blu Ray using optical lead.
Blu Ray linked to HDMI2 (ARC) on TV using HDMI lead.
Just set up the new home cinema and after some fiddling managed to get 5.1 Dolby sound to play when using Sky HD source. To achieve this I have the sound settings on blu ray sound menu (surround effects sub menu) set to BD/DVD – off (2 ch is other choice) and TV/CD (2 ch source) set to Dolby pro logic II movie or Music (Multi channel out is other choice). This works fine with all speakers doing what they should and giving good sound.
I moved on to try playing a DVD (skyfall with DD sound) in the blu ray player. With settings as they were DVD started up, picture appeared and sound seemed ok but when I got to play menu I could select nothing and handset controls did not work. Ended up turning off player to reset and start again. Changed BD/DVD setting to 2Ch stereo and DVD worked this time, but option to select 5.1 DD when playing only defaulted back to 2.1 ST. Could not get DVD to utput 5.1 sound.
The blu ray player handset seems to have problems when pressing buttons also, they do not all seem to function as expected. Not sure if this is aproblem with the Sky HD being connected to the TV as have read some forums saying Sky HD and Panasonic tellys with Viera controls do not seem to work well with other units when all connected by HDMI?
Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thankyou.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom