1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolby 5.1 from a m-audio audiophile2496 ??

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by mug, Aug 24, 2004.

1. mug

mug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Hi

I've been trying to get a DD5.1 / DTS signal from my sound card 2day to no avail. I've followed a tutorial on the m-audio site but still no luck . I'm using the supplied break-out cable with a digital coaxial cable connected to my marantz sr4200 amp. I've only managed to get a stereo signal so far !

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.faq&ID=8cf4a39fba037e0613618e50b8081e84

If anyone here has successfully got a DD5.1 / DTS signal from the same card could let me know what I'm doing wrong.

MSN : jarule348@hotmail.com

Thanks,
    Marcus

2. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Well i've had no problems since i installed my 2496 card, plays all multi-channel audio no problem with my Marantz SR-4300 amp.

Is your DVD software player sending out a multi-channel signal ??

Have you disabled your old card (If onboard ??), or removed the drivers (If a seperate card ??) and removed the card.

Did you have multi-channel audio working before you installed the 2496 card ??

Might also be a driver problem, get the newest M-Audio drivers from the site, and try those.

I hope this helps ??

Cheers

3. mug

mug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Thanks for your reply m8

1. Yeah my software (PowerDVD) is sending a multi-channel signal, I have tried DD5.1 and DTS disks.

2. I have onboard sounds from my mobo and I have disabled and removed the drivers ages ago.

3. I've never had a multi-channel capable soundcard before so this is my first time trying to gt something like this working.

4. I have the latest drivers, still no change :-(

Regards,
    Marcus

MSN : jarule348@hotmail.com