DoJ Probing BluRay

Rasczak

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
The Wall Street Journal has reported that the US Department Of Justice is to investigate members of the BluRay group (Philips, Sony and Matsu****a[Panasonic]) for impeding technical progress on the 'official' HD-DVD format backed by Toshiba and NEC and now approved by the DVD Forum.

It'll be interesting to see the outcome - but with so many HD-DVD formats either launching or about to launch the DoJ are unlikely to stop the HD market following DVDR and becoming a scramble for royalties IMHO.

Sadly yet another VHS/Betamax period of incompatibility and consumer doubt as to which road to take. :(

Where are we headed, will we have to buy equipment at vast cost that supports SACD/DVD-A/BluRay/HD-DVD/WM9-HD etc. etc. etc.? :mad:

Matsu****a
Don't you love the brain-dead expletive filter on here. :D

Where are we headed, will we have to buy equipment at vast cost that supports SACD/DVD-A/BluRay/HD-DVD/WM9-HD etc. etc. etc.?
Without a doubt. Despite much talk of convergence the reality is the major producers are doing the opposite - pushing their own formats regardless.

Only format I yearn for is Hi Def
once seen never forgotten... suppose we can all dream -- I know the new HI Def Euro channel is now on, but its price/content is not upto scratch yet

Rant Over

Originally posted by Party Animal
Only format I yearn for is Hi Def
Um, which flavour? ... HD-DVD or BluRay or WM9-HD, they're all incompatible. That's the point here, there's no such thing as 'hi-def' when in comes to the encoded media, there are several warring factions.

The latest video from AVForums

StormAudio ISR Fusion 20 AV Receiver - review coming soon #HomeCinema #Amplifier #VideoShort
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom