• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

DOH - Harmony One Broken Screen - Can it be fixed?

pointacula

Standard Member
Hi guys

Like the title says - I cunningly crunched the remote screen with my heel in the dark - not my finest hour! Got that sinking feeling and it's never wrong. Turned on the light and, hey presto, one knackered remote!

Anyway, after some effing and blinding, I found out the thing works fine, even the touchscreen buttons. Problem is you can't see anything on the screen, it's all black and white - broken liquid crystal goo everywhere.

I only just got it at the start of the month and I reckon it's a bit premature to go and fork out for a new one. Has anybody heard of Logitech being able to fix it. Maybe fit a new screen or something like that. Surely it should be pretty easy? And cheaper than replacing it?

Any thought very welcome.

Cheers

Mark

Bachstrad

Hi guys

Like the title says - I cunningly crunched the remote screen with my heel in the dark - not my finest hour! Got that sinking feeling and it's never wrong. Turned on the light and, hey presto, one knackered remote!

Anyway, after some effing and blinding, I found out the thing works fine, even the touchscreen buttons. Problem is you can't see anything on the screen, it's all black and white - broken liquid crystal goo everywhere.

I only just got it at the start of the month and I reckon it's a bit premature to go and fork out for a new one. Has anybody heard of Logitech being able to fix it. Maybe fit a new screen or something like that. Surely it should be pretty easy? And cheaper than replacing it?

Any thought very welcome.

Cheers

Mark

I would ring Harmony customer services, they are very helpful and might be able to sort something out for you, as in making a repair, or perhaps an exchange.

It's worth a try, I'm guessing you won't be the first person to have done this!

ATB

Max

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom