1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dogs and Subs!

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Taz, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

This post go's out to all dog owners (the 4 legged kind before you all start!);)

Does your dogs head spin from side to side when your sub is running?...like it is trying to localise where the sound is coming from?

I ask this because our dogs head does!.. OK he is about 1/3 the size of the sub!... But is it because bass is ment to be non directional thats causing him to....er....'twich' as he cant pick up where the sound is actualy coming from?

Taz.:cool:

2. Darth Vader

Darth Vader
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know about dogs as I have never owned one, but I've got a cat that wonders in to the room my HC gear is in from time to time.

When normal program material as playing so does not seem to notice or care what is going on. But one day as she was lying asleep on my lap I engaged my pink noise generator on my amp (forgetting about the cat), when this is activated it automaticaly turns itself up to reference level (75 SPL).

The poor mog shot off my lap and began running up and down the room as if in blind panic, it eventualy found the door but found it was shut so she kept jumping up at the door handle as if she was trying to open it. Of course I opened it as soon as I could to let her out. Normally if she wants to leave a room when the door is shut she just stands near it and meows.

Perhaps pink noise is an IQ booster for cats!.

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Mines used to the rumble so doesnt take any notice anymore!

He´ll do the head wobble bit if he hears a sound hes never heard before but thats about it.

He doesnt seem to mind the volume either!!

4. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    My dog's profoundly deaf (since birth). However when he's asleep in the HT room (where he is NOT allowed) U571's depth charges can shift him pretty quickly!

Mark.

5. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's quite common for animals and people to run from the the room when U571 is on. Even a dog knows a trully naff movie when it sees one. Have you tried Black Hawk Down?