• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dog Tags?

k1ngs

Standard Member
What does it mean when the player has a dog tag next to their name at the end of game score?

I can't work out why some have it and some don't.

uzer

Prominent Member
If you are talking about the dog tags next to their name on the leaderboards (in game) it means they are dead.

Det

Distinguished Member
What does it mean when the player has a dog tag next to their name at the end of game score?

I can't work out why some have it and some don't.
I used to think it was the last couple people to die in the game but now I don't know... never thought to ask.

uzer

Prominent Member
It means they are currently dead and waiting to respawn, or just waiting. And the ones who have it at the END of the game are the ones who were dead when the game got over.

Tall_Paul

Distinguished Member
Yep, means they're dead i.e. waiting to respawn, deceased, bereft of life, ceased to be, etc etc :D

Everyone will have it next to their name when the game has ended, as they're not in the game :smashin:

Floor Tom

Established Member
Its only really usefull in no respawn games (so S&D) as you can check how many people are still alive, both on your team and the other.

Tall_Paul

Distinguished Member
Its only really usefull in no respawn games (so S&D) as you can check how many people are still alive, both on your team and the other.

Deffo, part of playing S&D is knowing how many enemy are left, I often shout out " 2 left" etc :thumbsup: Can be useful in CTF/Demolition etc though as there's a spawn delay on these modes, good to know if most of the team are dead if you're planting :D

Hooblue

Prominent Member
I always wondered what they were for. :confused:

You learn something new everyday eh?!.... :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom