Dog Mess In Plastic Bags

Dave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed this breath taking act of mindless stupidity?

Do the responsible thing and clean up after your dog, then just chuck the plastic bag to hang off a tree or bush or just at the side of the path.

What possesses people to do this? I'd rather they just left the **** to be honest. I've been out with the kids to a few different places this week and all of them now feature added dog **** in bags everywhere.

I worry for the human race when people are actually this stupid.

I've seen this a lot too..... Why pick it up and then throw it? As a dog owner who cleans up the proper way this makes me mad

Yep, seen this also, some dirty **** decided its the 'done' thing to clear up after their dog and then leave the bags hanging from the railings alongside my kid's school. Would love to catch them in the act :suicide:

I just don't see what's so hard, your dog *****, you pick it up and dispose of it properly.

I even saw a spot the other day where there is usually a dog mess bin but it's been removed so a load of people simply left their dog's **** there on the floor, in bags for someone else to pick up.

It really does make my blood boil, as we can all attest stepping in dog **** is really unpleasant. It's even more unpleasant walking along a path where the trees are covered in dog **** baubles.

Last edited:
You are dead right. I think they intend to suggest that they are going to pick it up on the way back and 'forget'. I blame the cameras and warning signs myself. And other dog walkers.

So, they do as little as possible and make matters worse.

Some councils put poo bags by the bins and it all works very well. Whereas some don't bother and barely provide the bins either.

For every action, there is a reaction.

If I see someone whose dog is pooing and who I think is not going to pick it up (you can just tell), I stop and offer them a poobag to let them know I know full well they don't have one and were therefore just 'hovering' and waiting for me to go past so they could then set off without picking it up.

Or, if I'm feeling particularly bolshy (like I was the other day) I wait for them to walk off and when I catch up with them say "Here you go, here's a poo bag for you, so you can go and pick up the pile of **** you and your dog just left behind".

If I see someone whose dog is pooing and who I think is not going to pick it up (you can just tell), I stop and offer them a poobag to let them know I know full well they don't have one and were therefore just 'hovering' and waiting for me to go past so they could then set off without picking it up.

Or, if I'm feeling particularly bolshy (like I was the other day) I wait for them to walk off and when I catch up with them say "Here you go, here's a poo bag for you, so you can go and pick up the pile of **** you and your dog just left behind".

Do you have too much time on your hands?

Do you have too much time on your hands?

Why would you think that?

I'm out walking the dog, so it's not going out of my way.

As a parent, you wouldn't take your baby out without the right supplies of nappies etc and dog owners know how vile it is to step in dog ****, so keep some nappy sacks in the car.

26p from Waitrose, it's not that difficult.

Why would you think that?

I'm out walking the dog, so it's not going out of my way.

As a parent, you wouldn't take your baby out without the right supplies of nappies etc and dog owners know how vile it is to step in dog ****, so keep some nappy sacks in the car.

26p from Waitrose, it's not that difficult.

You didn't say you were walking your dog :)

What annoys me is they can only be prosecuted if the dog warden/authorities witness it. One of our neighbour in over 3 years of us staying in our flat has never used a poop bag so I no longer take our dog where they take theirs. Then the dog wonders about and craps in the carpark etc. Even seen dog crap in the communal hallway before.

given how you describe your neighbours, I wonder how your so sure it was a dog...

given how you describe your neighbours, I wonder how your so sure it was a dog...

Haha. Very true. The **** below us has now taken to throwing stuff out her kitchen window. Of late a pile of egg shells. Where do some of these creatures come from.

When I had a dog I would always pick the poo up.

Regularly I would go to the local park, which also had a play area. There were parts of the park you couldn't go round for dog poo. Also in summer it stank.

Dog owners really need to be more responsible and think about the consequences of their in action. This story always come to mind when I see dog poo laying around http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-11012044

kevykat said:
Haha. Very true. The **** below us has now taken to throwing stuff out her kitchen window. Of late a pile of egg shells. Where do some of these creatures come from.

Unfortunately I can too that, and keep it on topic!

Our office is under some flats. Regularly during winter, whilst standing outside having a smoke we would watch bags of dog poo fall from above! Took a while but eventually the super for the building managed to get it to stop.

It is pretty stupid. Our local country park has it's fair share of full plastic bags, many hanging from tree branches. But the council has been pretty slow of late to empty the dog mess bins and people have taken to leaving their bags at the foot of the bin stand. Have their good and proper intentions been undone by the council. I've seen my poor missus carry a lovely pink bag full of the brown stuff for miles around the park. It's cockerpoo folks.:)

I'll tell you what to do. Place the plastic bag full of s*** and wrap it up in newspaper. On a dark night place the parcel on the doorstep of a house. Set fire to the paper and then ring the door bell. Cue angry householder that stamps on said burning newspaper.

Christ my father warmed by arse when he found what I had done. Was that the start of my love affair with fire?

I'm sure she has a letter box. :smashin:

Not seen that round my way :thumbsup:

I've got to say I'm fairly amazed by this, whereabouts do you guys live?

What I really don't get is what's the bloody point in picking up after your dog in the first place, if this is what you're going to do with the bag? :confused:

Apart from the fact that some people are obviously just cretins, do you think it's down to a lack of bins, or the wrong type of bins?

In Beverley we don't have any 'Dog bins' but in the town centre there's a rubbish bin at both ends of every street, every 20m or so in the main shopping areas. Obviously you get people who don't clean up after their dog at all, but I've never seen a bag of poo hanging from anywhere.

- Dog walkers here are not discouraged from using any of the regular bins, is this the same where you all are?

Has anyone else noticed this breath taking act of mindless stupidity?

Do the responsible thing and clean up after your dog, then just chuck the plastic bag to hang off a tree or bush or just at the side of the path.

What possesses people to do this? I'd rather they just left the **** to be honest. I've been out with the kids to a few different places this week and all of them now feature added dog **** in bags everywhere.

I worry for the human race when people are actually this stupid.

I do this - people do intend to pick them up on the route back, as there are not enough bins where I walk my doggies, I think it's a case of people just forgetting tbh. I rarely do forget as I got bright blue bags so you can't miss them on the walk back.

i dont see this that much to be honest. possibly the odd time when we go for a walk in the nearby woods.

I have found the amount of dog poo does seem to have risen in my village. The last house wasnt in that nice an area so we expected to see it. But when we moved to the new village it was fine for a few months. We do have plenty of dog owners but some bugger has started to let their dog crap right outside my house. And i live opposite a school so i wonder how many poor little ones (infant school rear entrance) are trailing poo all over the school.

Every time i now see a dog being walked i try to see if they pickup. The mrs thinks its when kids walk dogs as they never seem to pickup.

I have a good mind to setup a webcam and film it. Maybe not a good idea right opposite a school though! I dont want to go on the Saville register. It is the same dog in the same spot almost daily as the poo always looks the same size, shape and colour (i feel like sherlock holmes now)

I have to carry a Tesco bag for my old boy. If he comes out for a ride as his legs are not good now I carry those giant freezer bags and a Tesco bag.
When he was a pup he had a thing about crossing a road but stopping half way and doing his number 2s.
The amount of times a driver would stop as I waiting for him to finish. It's so embarrassing lol imagine a bear on a lead doing this, he stuck out like a sore thumb.

I have to carry a Tesco bag for my old boy. If he comes out for a ride as his legs are not good now I carry those giant freezer bags and a Tesco bag.
When he was a pup he had a thing about crossing a road but stopping half way and doing his number 2s.
The amount of times a driver would stop as I waiting for him to finish. It's so embarrassing lol imagine a bear on a lead doing this, he stuck out like a sore thumb.

I imagine you look something like this after cleaning up after your dog:

204635-albums374-picture13522.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom