Dog chewed my Nokia (pics inside) - is this economically repairable ?

rags

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Basically found it in my dogs mouth. Not too much in the way of external damage but the screen looks like its had it. There is a small crack in the top corner of the screen and some teeth marks on the back top cover of the phone where the camera is.

Would it be worth getting it repaired (I have no idea of how much phone repairs cost) or should I just bin the damn thing and get a new one. If ok, recommendations for where I should send it for repair would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

Doesnt the LCD screen also need changing. Its mostly dark and the parts that do light up are not normal. The glass is cracked at the top right corner but not punctured - however it seems like the LCD screen behind the glass is knackered.

An entire set of covers and a new LCD is going to cost a large percentage of the replacement cost. You can get the bits easily enough, just be aware of fake/copy parts that look identical but aren't the same quality or finish.

Personally, I would advertise it in the current state on eBay. It will get snapped up in an instant by somebody with access to Nokia replacement parts looking to do a refurb' job.

Then put that money towards a replacement. The overall cost will be the same, possibly less, than replacing the parts yourself.

Or... claim on your household contents insurance?

Ive no idea what that model is and what it cost new, if its a phone thats worth less than £100 currently i would use it as an excuse to upgrade to something like a nice touch screen or something with a bigger screen. I can see the replacement parts not being less than £50 and thats if your lucky enough to find genuine parts 2nd hand, brand new parts it just wouldn`t be worth it.

I think that's a Nokia 6700c, which are about £200 SIM free . So I think its definitely worth getting a quote for repair.

An entire set of covers and a new LCD is going to cost a large percentage of the replacement cost. You can get the bits easily enough, just be aware of fake/copy parts that look identical but aren't the same quality or finish.

Personally, I would advertise it in the current state on eBay. It will get snapped up in an instant by somebody with access to Nokia replacement parts looking to do a refurb' job.

Then put that money towards a replacement. The overall cost will be the same, possibly less, than replacing the parts yourself.

Or... claim on your household contents insurance?

The phone is £200 new I think but you may be right - let me get a qoute. Thanks

I think that's a Nokia 6700c, which are about £200 SIM free . So I think its definitely worth getting a quote for repair.

Yes it is. Only about 4 weeks old as well.

Ive no idea what that model is and what it cost new, if its a phone thats worth less than £100 currently i would use it as an excuse to upgrade to something like a nice touch screen or something with a bigger screen. I can see the replacement parts not being less than £50 and thats if your lucky enough to find genuine parts 2nd hand, brand new parts it just wouldn`t be worth it.

I'm currently using a HTC HD2 which is great but I need this for another purpose.

i was doing a research on the phones available under 150 gbp.. a few months back before i took my new phone..
hope it helps
Nokia 7020
Nokia 2720 fold
Nokia 3610 fold
Nokia 6600 fold
Nokia 6085
Nokia 6650 fold
Nokia 3555
Nokia 2760
Nokia 2660
Samsung E1310
Motorola Tundra VA76r
Sony Ericsson W350
Sony Ericsson Z320
Sony Ericsson Z250
Sony Ericsson Z310

Got a quote for £60 including postage for repairing it. Nokia workshop. Have decided to go ahead. Thanks all.

rags, I can't help but feel this thread is incomplete until you post a picture of the 'culprit' :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom