• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Does Your PV500 Have Dead Pixels?

Does Your PV500 Have Dead Pixels?

• Yes

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 90.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pointyone

Established Member
i have 1 in the corner appeared after 3 weeks

Thekop

Established Member
No :D

S

steventucker

I've discovered a single black dead pixel on my 37" PV500 (had it a week) in the upper middle region towards the edge. The fault can be seen from 2.5m when viewing bright images such as still photographs or bright movie scenes. It bugs me!

What would you do? Get an exchange or live with it? Could it be classed as a fault under the Sale of Goods Act? Personally as it REALLY bugs me I'm requesting an exchange but I expect the retailer to be reluctant and try to fob me off.

S

steventucker

strange, the day before the set was due to be exchanged the dead pixel disappeared! It's perfectly normal now... anyone know what causes this?

bowler

Standard Member
steventucker said:
strange, the day before the set was due to be exchanged the dead pixel disappeared! It's perfectly normal now... anyone know what causes this?

It wasnt dead it was 'stuck'.

It may happen again.

TekHousE

Standard Member
nope

S

steventucker

no, it cant have been stuck as this would be red, green or blue? it was a green pixel that seemed dead (showing black).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom