Does Wii look crap on a projector ?

jamieuk23

Banned
as Wii doesnt support HDTV I am just wondering what it would look like on a projector which supports 720p ??

I remember setting up the gamecube on my projector and the picture Quality was crap :mad:

what dpes the wii output regards to resolution ?

:smashin:

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
I remember setting up the gamecube on my projector and the picture Quality was crap :mad:
Really? TBH I still think my Gamecube looks great running 480p on my projector, probably helped by the nice bright typically OTT Nintendo colours. Did you use a component cable with your Cube & use NTSC(progressive) games?

Going by the above I would imagine the Wii games should look great at 480p, obviously not comparable to 360 HD graphics but nobody will be expecting that anyway.

Coolit

Novice Member
Really? TBH I still think my Gamecube looks great running 480p on my projector, probably helped by the nice bright typically OTT Nintendo colours. Did you use a component cable with your Cube & use NTSC(progressive) games?

Going by the above I would imagine the Wii games should look great at 480p, obviously not comparable to 360 HD graphics but nobody will be expecting that anyway.
I thought the GC looked ace also, had the component cable though. With the component cable I cant see the Wii being any different.

mwatson800

Novice Member
I selected the 60hz option (much better than the 50hz picture) on my Sony VPL-HS50 with the Composite cable and I was really quite surprised because it was passable.

I am tempted to hack/resolder my cable to get 480p, but if you weren't brave then IMHO it is definitely okay for a couple of weeks while waiting for the Component cable.

Besides, in my case, I'm busy replaying through Mario64 on VC!!! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: TCL C815 TV, Denon & Huawei wireless speaker reviews, New Sony 4K PJ's and more
Top Bottom